Now that the summer activation time is mostly over and the skitouring has not yet started, I took the time to continue working on my SOTA station. The newest project is a “MTR-5B GoBox” which has everything I need included in a sturdy case.
The project is still pending, because I am waiting for a few components, but here is already an outlook of its features:
- Based on the MTR-5B, so 40, 30, 20, 17, and 15 m.
- DC-DC Boost converter with input and output filters for 6 - 9 - 12 V from 4 AA NiMH cells (internal)
- TinySWR indicator
- Control monitor and Zero Beat Indicator based on the LMC567 IC.
- Volume control
- Rotary Encoder for VFO
- Battery monitor with two LEDs
- Palm Pico Single mounted on top with magnets from the rear (allows two different angles).
- Lightweight LED lamp with constant current circuit that can be plugged into the charging connector, so you have a handy little light for logging.
This time, I had the front panel made by Schaeffer; not cheap, but very satisfying in terms of look and feel.
As usual, I will put all files an instructions on GitHub.
73 de Martin, DK3IT