Tomorrow (September 19), or if weather develops unexpectedly, on Thursday, I will be trying the Jubilaeumsgrat, a 5+ km long ridge from the Zugspitze, Germany’s highest summit.
This is a long, alpine hike, passing lots of interesting summits:
- Zugspitze, DL/WS-001 - Zugspitze, 10 Pte
- Innere Höllentalspitze DL/WS-016 - Innere Hoellentalspitze, 10 Pte
- Mittlere Höllentalspitze DL/WS-017 - Mittlere Hoellentalspitze, 10 Pte
- No SOTA: Grathüttl / Äußere Höllentalspitze / Vollkarspitze / Grieskarscharte
- Hochblassen, DL/WS-020 - Hochblassen, 10 Pte
- Alpspitze, DL/WS-022 - Alpspitze, 10 Pte
We will be starting around 8:00 CEST (6:00 UTC), it is a long hike (8+ hours or so), I am in a group of people, and we hope to catch the last cable-car at the end of the ridge, so it is hard to predict
- how many of the summits I will actually be able to activate
- how long I will be able to be QRV on each summit.
I will pass the summits in exactly the order given above. On SOTAwatch, I will post an alert for DL/WS-001 and a ??-alert for the rest of the day. When on the air, I will inject the current REF a few times.
The activation will be CW-only with my SOTA GoBox and my SOTA Superlight Vertical with an Elecraft T1 tuner for quick fine-tuning. This has proven to be the fastest setup for multi-summit activations under time-constraints.
If conditions on 40m allow, I will use 40m only, aiming for 7.031± or 7.002±. If 40m is unusable, I might try 30m and 20m.
My callsign will be DK3IT/P.
In order to make this attempt a success, I kindly ask for your support:
- please QRS 12 WPM (I will call CQ and reply a bit faster, this has shown to work well in the past)
- please spot me with the current REF if you hear the REF (or correct the REF if you see incorrect spots)
- please give your call once until I ask for you to repeat it.
Please do not hesitate to ask if you have any questions!
Thanks in advance for chasing!
73 de Martin, DK3IT
Here is a Youtube video of what we will expect: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJGr3iIcVgc
A description in German is here: https://www.bergsteigen.com/touren/klettersteig/jubilaeumsgrat-zugspitze/