What is your means of transportation ?

My fair weather transport.

6 Likes

It goes wherever I point it!
Mike
NS1TA

2 Likes

Nice looking Mog Pat. Check this out on youtube. Be sure and watch the third part - awesome! I first saw a Unimog while TAD up in Northern Norway - Lapland - and have wanted one every since :wink:

73, Todd KH2TJ

3 Likes

Vehicle leaning against tree.

4 Likes

The INDESTRUCTIBLE Jimny! Is this the 660cc or 1500cc version?

Top of Honister Pass. This is my 20 year old R1. I bought it brand new as my 30th birthday present to myself. Back when I had no kids and money.

Mark. M0NOM

9 Likes

Nothing else !

14 Likes

8 Likes

Damn it!! I was going to post a picture of my boots (& skis). You got their first. Well done!

3 Likes

Unimog 411, 1962
A bit to slow for SOTA, but would go almost everywhere.

12 Likes

Darkie Point, VK2/NT-003 , parking spot at the end of the track that finished a little way back.

result

4 Likes

For me its a landrover discovery 2 , changed tyres for mud tyres ideal for the muddy British byways and tracks we can get .

1 Like

5 Likes

May have a room to put a joke picture ?
Will try this :slight_smile:
I’m not an activator but I’ll go around my QTH position to do some SOTA summits.
Sota%20easy
No pollution by a fuel-hungry engine and no trace of a possible passing accident. This tricycle does not go everywhere but it is as clean as the SOTA spirit wishes :wink:
73 Eric

2 Likes

3 Likes

Ok so my main mode of transport is what we call “Shank’s Pony”

That is, a pair of stout mountain boots and 2 legs.
But there is also the battered GT mountain bike where gated tracks are encountered.
A rubber dingy was employed to reach the island of Noss and SOTA GM/SI-210
But I have not seen any aircraft in this thread.
I light aircraft was employed to reach GM/SI-013, Sneug and GM/SI-183 on the island of Foula , Shetland.

Regards
David
G0EVV

5 Likes

She has her car; I have mine, and WE have our SOTA machine, a 2012 LR-4 Land Rover.
Back of the front seat to rear window is 7 feet, all flat. 2" of foam with a flannel sheet, and a down comforter over that, and you have a goes-most-anywhere, leakproof, bear resistant tent that sleeps 2 in comfort. We love it so!
Ken and Kay

2 Likes

4 Likes

Did you count methane emissions?

2 Likes

My Bikejoring activation, like an e-bike.

1 Like