What is your means of transportation ?

Still waiting on a replacement flux capacitor expected (April 1, 2020) for this baby …then it’ll fly us 2-OGs to the AZ and hover on standby! Says my ham friend - AL7IEN. Cheers, Steve/wGOAT

16 Likes

My main mode of transportation on the trail is fear. The pictures never really turn out, though.

3 Likes

But until the arrival of the Flux Capacitor our old 2010 Tacoma goat-wagon w/200K miles on it has served us well! …wGOAT

8 Likes

its a 2000 reg and has a 1.3cc engine

Beat me to it!

A couple of my preferred methods when not booting it. The tracked Raptor is a dream vehicle

One can dream

5 Likes

On my way to attempt W7U/TO-017.

2 Likes

show what your car ist for

stickers are available here

73 Armin

Josh,

As you may know, new Defenders are now available new in the US. Modern, comfortable, California-legal, many bells and whistles available. Example: underside camera, so you can get the tires around those rocks perfectly. Roomier, more comfortable than those of the past. Bring your checkbook; they ain’t cheap!

Ken

By the time I discovered SOTA, I had already sold it. Oh, well, hover ceiling out of ground effect was only 8,000 feet anyway.

Elliott Pisor, K6EL

4 Likes

This wasn’t a typical SOTA Activation for me, but this was my means of transport:

1200 mile drive out to Idaho:

10 mile ride into the backcountry:

3 mile hike into the Gospel Hump Wilderness - First Activation of Oregon Butte (W7I/IC-045)

73 de KN0MAP, Dan

7 Likes

And all without a map, I’m impressed Dan! :astonished:

1 Like

Actually, that vanity call sign is for “Know Map” - I’m a cartographer/computer mapping engineer by profession, so I was carrying multiple forms of map products on that excursion…

2 Likes

What a great set of “vehicles!”

Well, seriously, My horse has been a 2008 XTerra Off-Road; 11" clearance, bilstein shocks, skid plates, low range, lockers on Dana axel, off-road bumber, Goodrich AT KO2 tires, rooftop tent, home-made kitchen built behind the hatchback, maybe more capable than its driver… - Fred KT5X (aka WS0TA)

2 Likes

Great, I can put my new KTM in:

I was out on it again today. I rode up to the Oskar Schauer Haus and activated the Roßbachkogel and Terrenbachalm. There was a cold wind, but the view was awesome:

I might invest in paniers next year so I can take the KX2. At the moment I only have a top box, so I use my MTR3b, which is fine, but the KX2 is a bit nicer. I have used a paraglider for the descent on 2 occasions. The ultimate win though, would be flying from one summit to the other. Perhaps one day…
73 de OE6FEG
Matt

4 Likes

Riding to La Alcazaba (EA7/GR-003) base camp.

8 Likes

Go team DualSport! =)

I’ve saved a lot of wear and tear on my truck (and petrol) in the past 3 years by using my TW200 to get to trailheads. The worse the forest road, the more fun it is on the bike!

3 Likes

Jose. @ea7gv
What a level !!!

Just checked out the TW200, looks like fun. It is cheaper than my bicycle.
Here is my favourite ride to the summit, just wish I could ride it more to activate.

Malen
VE6VID

3 Likes

Activation of TF/SL-015, September 8th 2020. Transportation is Toyota Hilux year 2012, engine is 2.5 liter tubrbo diesel. It has been modified for 38x15.5/15 tires. Snow was rather hard, so air pressure in tires was reduced to about 9 psi (0.6 bar, 60 kPa). When snow is soft, pressure can be reduced to less than 2 psi.

73 Einar

11 Likes