What is your means of transportation ?

I wonder, what means of transport do you use to approach the summits?
I use this one, for quick activations:

This for long activations.

73 de Dani EA5M (ex EA5FV)

8 Likes

Depends on the season and the summit!

Here are some of them:

8 Likes

We used to use this sometimes on longer trips with good roads

- but finally got rid of it this past fall. After 30-years of faithful service it was still running well.

Rob - AE7AP

10 Likes

Love the T2a!

Has it got cop shocks, cop brakes and cop engine?

8 Likes

I’m sure it has.

Other amenities include: a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, and sunglasses.

:laughing:

5 Likes

Don’t all cop cars come with donuts?

2 Likes

And, it’s night.

We are hitting some Blues Brothers refs Andy. Great film if you’ve never seen it.

6 Likes

But that’s not a Crown Vic is it?

Definitely not a Crown Vic… but it’s got that Blues Brothers vibe :sunglasses:

1 Like

Thought so, Buick?

Anyway my introduction to the Crown Victoria in real life was in 1998 when travelling South into Maryland in a Chevvy Caprice with my American counterpart. We were whizzing down the freeway when he slowed down to let a Firebird or Stingray go past that was really motoring. We approached a big billboard in the centre saying “Welcome Maryland” etc. and there was a highway patrol Crown Vic hidden behind. Firebird zooms past billboard, Crown Vic lights up rear tyres (or tires in your case!) and clouds of dust/earth were thrown up in the air as it fish-tailed its way on to the road complete with blue lights and sirens.

Just like in the movies. :smile:

4 Likes

Looks like a close cousin to the 1968 Pontiac Bonneville that I used to have. It had the economy engine, a 400 cu. in. When you opened up the second set of barrels on the carb it was like flushing a toilet inside the gas tank. It was a massive car. I could put my 215 cm cross-country skis in the trunk.

wunder

1 Like

Biggest displacement engine I’ve ever owned is only 244 cu in. I’ve had a couple 215cu in. and current car is only 183 cu in.

Shall we invite Greta into this conversation?

1 Like

Suzuki Jimny, good for when the roads are a little bit Icy/Snowy/muddy

3 Likes

It’s a '72 LTD with the 351-Cleveland (2bbl). Definitely not a hot-rod, but still pretty fun - especially now that everything rides so different. My oldest son came home from the hospital in it after he was born, all 3-kids learned to drive in it, & we took kids to college in it. We drove that thing all over the country, including one memorable family “see the country” road trip from Montana to LA to Nova Scotia & points between in 2002. We took it to SOTA activations in W7M, W7N, W0C, and W7Y. It was a good car, but I will say that the 8-track never worked quite right. :slight_smile:

Rob - AE7AP

3 Likes

My “Scooby-Doo SOTA buggy” has not failed me yet. Snow, Mud, Rocks no problems.
Tim - K5DEZ

1 Like

Hi Tim,
Also I have a “Suby do sota”, great car!

1 Like

3.0l Eco Diesel. Gets 30 MPG (7.8l/100kM). lockable 4WD.

Kent K9EZ

Ram%201500%20Pic

1998 Defender CSW On the plus side it is now worth more then when I bought it 7 years ago, and if anything is running better than ever with 188 000 miles on the clock. It is also really good for finding good uses for that 3/4 inch drive socket set with the improbably large sockets and that gret big 4ft breaker bar… It is good for reviwing practical skills - next project is the swivel joint at the front. The panels fit so well that air conditioning is not needed in hot weather and no tachometer is needed as the deafening engine sound is a helpful reminder of when to change gear! After my rather more sensible car died earlier last year it was my car for work for 4 months from September and has completed another 6000 miles. It is also rather good if we do get bad snow which is why it is the standby car and a bit like antennas at the home QTH it is always a work in progress… oh and 30 mpg… 73 Paul

8 Likes