2 Likes

but everybody will be more safe

73, Jarek

2 Likes

I am in total agreement, Richard

Dave

Below please fine some photos, mainly taken in SP but not only:

73, Jarek

This social distancing thing don’t work.

Ii went up G/SP-015 this morning in order to be alone. It was a disaster.

Not only did half of Cheshire and most of Stoke-on-Trent also decide to self-isolate on The Cloud along with the cast of 101 Dalmations, but just when you thought things couldn’t get any worse, @G3CWI turned up to film one of his “Radio Adventures with Richard” videos.

Isolation? I’d have been safer and more separated from fellow humans at the football match. Which got cancelled.

It was pure purgatory. All the passers-by were interested in amateur radio and wanted to know more. Some of them even wanted to talk about topographical prominence. This was going from bad to worse.

Fortunately my 2m FM log included S2S with Caroline MW3ZCB/P and Martyn MW1MAJ/P on Gyrn Moelfre GW/NW-049, while my 15m FT8 log featured EA8, 2 x PY and a ZS. So that cheered me up. A bit.

4 Likes

Your experience today, Tom, illustrates perfectly why going out to activate SOTA may not be as safe and harmless as we (including me) may have initially thought.

Guru

1 Like

I have once or twice run into G3CWI on a summit. But as he is now carrying an APRS tracker I can take avoiding action. :wink:

4 Likes

Or use the data for targeting the drones/missiles. :wink:

You could copy that Italian guy and wear a twelve foot diameter disc of stout cardboard - you could even put wire around the edge and be a walking loop antenna…

1 Like

Maybe Richard is surreptitiously applying Aniseed oil to you when he visits thus attracting the dogs?

Does that work? Worth a try to keep them away from me.

Information for OK land:

The Government decided, with effect from 16 March 2020 from 0:00 to 24 March 2020 to 6:00, to ban the free movement of persons on the territory of the Czech Republic with the exception of travel to work, medical facilities, family and other necessary trips.

73, Jarek

Just found on twitter:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1239325562298159104

73, Jarek

Slovak proverb
CoronaVirus does not go to the mountains but to people***

73 Miro OM7SM

Next video from Richard: can you use APRS combined with a drone to film your videos while operating on FT8 and CW from a summit?

He’s already done that one hasn’t he?

maybe we’ll have to activate our shacks? and have a chaser-chaser award?

1 Like

A virtual mountain climb doing some home fitness exercises. The more you train at home the more points you earn per day hi
Of course a mix of endurance and strength is recommended to keep us fit and prepared.

One rule could be that your radio has to be powered by hand generator or pedal generator - in real time, no batteries!

Todays news from SP land:

Due to the epidemiological threat prevailing throughout the country, the authorities of the Mountain Volunteer Rescue Service are appealing to cancel any mountain hikes.

73, Jarek