Social distancing

At the moment here in Italy it’s even forbidden to exit from home to do sport, so no sota!!
You must carry a declaration that justify why you are walking outside.
This because if you have an accident during sport or sota activation you have to call help rescue ecc.

So It’s not funny guys, other European country will face this soon, it’s not a yoke…

73 de IN3AQK from dolomiti mountains

So how can people buy food?

73 Joe

You are allowed to buy food and travel the shortest trip to the supermarket, possibly one people a time.
On the declaration you write “due to necessity” and you should have a receipt coming back!
You are also allowed to take the dog for a walk only for the time necessary to poop!
All our parks are closed, definitively you are confined at home ore work.
Probably the next step in a couple of days is NO WORK all at home.
We are killing our grandparents!!!

So It’s not funny guys, other European country will face this soon, it’s not a yoke…

F, OZ, SP, I, OK got this and closed schools, universities etc. In DL still nothing but discussions. Only two of 16 federal states closed schools*. :rage:
Even not all people who have online jobs like me (working for one of the major DL employers) are still not advised by their companies to stay in their home offices.

We are killing our grandparents!

Hopefully we’re not killing them but protecting them from the virus. Keep children away from the elderly. Do the daily shopping for them and leave the food at their door without entering. Don’t ask me how to proceed if your mother is as stubborn as mine.

Ahoi
Pom

*Edit: They’re coming slowly. Just heard it on the radio, it’s four federal states now that will close schools as from Monday. Also the Bundesliga cancelled all matches after Monday. The federal government in Berlin are still discussing…

1 Like

One thing about Deutschland, though – if the reporting numbers can be believed – is that the mortality rate there is very low compared to other places.

They also drink the most beer per capita of any country in the world. Coincidence?

I don’t know about you, but I’m planning to hike summits and drink beer :beers:

Well, I’m taking the time Saturday to stock up on malt so that I can brew on Sunday “just in case.”

They also drink the most beer per capita of any country in the world. Coincidence?

Isn’t that the Czechs? Might be a good idea to have a Czech beer to immunise me against the virus. :wink:

I don’t know about you, but I’m planning to hike summits and drink beer

That’ll be definitely good for your overall health. Cheers!

Ahoi
Pom

1 Like

An excellent idea! I raise a toast to all my SOTA brothers and sisters. Stay healthy out there!

-J

Here in the States the Governor of New Mexico just closed ALL the schools in the entire state for 3 weeks. As of last night we have 6 or 8 confirmed cases of Covid-19 here in NM. The U.S. President just suspended all travel from Europe for 30 days. Hopefully they can come up with a vaccine soon to help fight this.
Guru…Good Luck with your Chemo treatments and be extra careful. I went through some nasty Radiation and Chemo 4 years ago. I would not wish that on anyone. I am still more than able to do SOTA so I am a “Happy Camper”.
73’s everyone and take care.
Tim - K5DEZ

1 Like

because of number of tests effected is very high - earlier diagnostic, more alive people

73, Jarek

I agree Phil,

Many callers today whist on a short activation (XYL on site getting cold) of Little Mell Fell harvesting winter bonus points.

Regards
David G0EVV

Very good David, no copy on you today. Too close to be able to hear you on 40m.

Due to the Covid-19 we just cancelled a 10 day Easy Jet package holiday with some SOTA scheduled in it for Mid-May in EA6/MA. Lost the deposit £120. If cancelled after Monday by us then would have been a much greater loss, so we made the decision to reduce the payback and cancel now.

73 Phil

1 Like

Today I saw on sotawatch quite significant number of activators in Spain.
Now I found in the net information about 1500 new infected people in Spain during last 24 hours.
If it is true take care !

73, Jarek

Some people seem to have problems to understand instructions even if given in their own language. Several people have interpreted the alarm status declared by the government like a great oportunity to go on holidays. Lots of people escaped Madrid to places in the Mediterranean coast, putting Covid-19-free-people in those places in risk of getting infected by the people coming from the highly infected Madrid. Stupidity of many is indeed unbelievable…
What a shame…

3 Likes

For the general knowledge: displacements in Spain are forbidden unless strictly necessary for work or indispensable goods procurement.
Any going out to the mountains is not indispensable, no matter the SOTA-fever temperature, hence any SOTA activating in Spain under these conditions might be considered invalid.

imagen
The Government forbids displacements out of those of major necessity and will be able to intervene enterprises to guarantee the goods supply.
Displacements restriction will be effective from Monday at 8h in the morning.

The Government confines people at their homes in all Spain unless for major necessity.
It’s limited the free circulation of people, who will be allowed to exit their homes to go to supermarkets, the doctor or to work. All these measures apply immediately, except the limitations to the free circulation of people, which will apply from Monday at 8h in the morning.

Free translation by Guru EA2IF.

Guru

2 Likes

Thanks for translation Guru. This is a stricter regime than in the UK, but things seem to be tightening up here, in some cases the companies and people themselves are leading the government and banning mass groupings of people, such as sporting fixtures and conferences. I believe we are 2-3 weeks behind the EU Continent level of contamination. We saw the major budget airline Jet 2 here turning aircraft back mid flight when bound for EA, EA6 and EA8 today.

73 Phil

1 Like

Social distancing for me means that I am working a lot of HF.

Scott WA9STI
Los Angeles, California

1 Like

If this goes on much longer there will be nobody allowed out to be an Activator - then SOTA will get very quiet for a while :sob:

I’m just sneaking out to The Pentlands now.