DL20SOTA

As you have already noticed, there is a quite active group that has been founded under SOTA BW. It was triggered by the initiative of Marcel @DM3FAM and Roman @DL3TU, who are also the Region Managers of Baden-Württemberg.

The fact that there is a 20th anniversary of SOTA made it necessary to celebrate it in some way. I phoned Marcel and asked him what he thought of the idea of a birthday callsign. He was enthusiastic and gave me the go-ahead to make an effort.

I contacted the authorities and in the fourth attempt I succeeded and received the permission today!

From 14.3.2022 until 28.2.2023 the callsign DL20SOTA/P will be heard from various summits.
It is registered as a temporary callsign of a club station and will be activated by the members of SOTA BW after consultation.

73 Armin

35 Likes

Hi Armin,

quite good idea. Hope to work the acivators during their activity. Many greetings from NRW,
the flat area :-).

Good luck for the activities and best 73’s

Ben

5 Likes

I will be listening out for you as GB2OTA from GW/NW-076.
Good luck,
Roger MW0IDX

4 Likes

Hello Armin,

what a great idea! I’m already looking forward to going on air with DL20SOTA :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks for your work! :beers:
73, Roman

3 Likes

WELL DONE Armin, and BW team!!
I see the callsign’s licence is valid until the end of February next year. Perhaps as Friedrichshafen is in BW there can be some special use of DL20SOTA in connection with all the SOTA visitors to Ham Radio FN (24-26 June)?

73 Ed.

4 Likes

Hello Armin @DL6GCA.

Thanks again from me for your efforts. Nice that it worked out. We are looking forward to many QSOs with and from DL20SOTA :+1: :mountain: :beers:

73 Marcel DM3FAM

3 Likes

If you look at the membership list of SOTA BW, you will see that it has long since outgrown Baden-Württemberg.

DL20SOTA/P will surely be acitvated this year by e.g. Chris @DL1CR in DM/NS- or Paul @DL6FBK in DM/HE-… All of Germany celebrates 20 years of SOTA :smiley:

I’m pretty sure that DL20SOTA/P will also be heard during the Ham Radio time…

73 Armin

5 Likes

Great ! I will be part of it

DD6FM - Marco

3 Likes

Excellent Armin! :+1:

73s
Ingo DH5ST

2 Likes

Well done Armin. I’ll keep an eye on the alerts
Must be just about enough propagation to work from here.

Ron
VK3AFW

4 Likes

First alerts :+1::slightly_smiling_face::mountain_snow:

https://sotl.as/activators/DL20SOTA

73 Marcel DM3FAM

2 Likes

Dear Armin,
tnx for the very first qso and s2s with DL20SOTA.

Here are the first 20min of your pileup on 40m ssb.

73 Chris

7 Likes

Thank you Chris

Interesting to hear yourself in action … :sweat_smile:

The first activation was great!

143 QSO
7 x S2S
5 x DX (1 x PY, 4 x USA)

… on a Monday afternoon!

73 Armin

6 Likes

:wave:

2 Likes

HI,

Thank’s for S2S with you today from EA/F5ODQ/P in memory of GURU

73’ Alain

3 Likes

Hello all.

The second activation with DL20SOTA/P was also great. Many thanks to all chasers for calling in :+1: :beers: I am always amazed how many loyal chasers are QRV even during the week and we get to work them. And of course for the s2s QSOs! Alain @F5ODQ, I also thought of Guru @EA2IF in between, especially when I heard you - I saw your alerts in the meantime. Thanks for this special s2s QSO.

CW I could not do much because it was very cold and windy. Therefore I concentrated on SSB. Special thanks to Stavros @SV2RUJ who worked me in all bands and modes I was QRV in :slight_smile:

See you soon again.

73 Marcel DM3FAM

7 Likes

Thanks Marcel I finally got through to you after trying all day.
It shows what rewards there can be with patience lol
Best 73 Allen

2 Likes

Good Job Armin! Got the station in the log once already. Listening for more contacts. // John Paul // AB4PP

1 Like

Thanks for the challenge Armin!
10 pointer on the first QSO!

73, Gary K3TCU

1 Like

Hello Allen.

Thanks for your patience and glad it worked out :+1: :slightly_smiling_face:
Was very happy to hear you! See you again soon.

73 Marcel DM3FAM

2 Likes