DL20SOTA

Another great day with the special event call sign DL20SOTA/p on DM/BW-695 on March 23rd. Warm and sunny weather made this trip most enjoyable.
An amazing 141 QSOs went into the log during the activation which was particularly surprising for a weekday. Maybe the DLFF- and COTA-reference helped :wink:
Best band was 40m CW with 78 QSOs, followed by 40m SSB with 21 QSOs.

Thanks for the calls! Cu soon,
73, Roman

9 Likes

I will be operating as GB20SOTA from 2nd to 29th April from G/SP-015, and hope to have S2S with DL20SOTA at some point in the month.

4 Likes

Tom, how can you get 4 letters after the number when Ofcom now only allocate 3 letters for special special event calls as they say calls allocated are GB + 2 or 3 numbers + 2 or 3 letters.

1 Like

Not 100% sure TBH. Seems a bit random. But I have the NoV document as of yesterday, and looking forward to a fantastic opportunity to celebrate the 20th anniversary, promote the SOTA programme, and play lots of radio!

1 Like

He fluttered his eyelashes at them :rofl:

1 Like

I have my own 20 years SOTA in Scotland call ready for when our birthday comes around but having seen what happened previously I’d not be surprised if you find that one gets rescinded in a day or two.

2 Likes

I believe that is a Special, Special Event call, which can be any format and duration that Ofcom agree.
Cheers
David
G0EVV

2 Likes

When is the next activation of DL20SOTA? I want to try for S2S from GB20SOTA. Any plans for tomorrow (5th April)?

2 Likes

Tom,

the next activation is planned for Saturday, April 8th.
There is always a chance that someone does an activation on short notice but the wx forecast for tomorrow doesn’t look too good.

Good luck with GB20SOTA tomorrow!

73, Roman

4 Likes

Hello Tom @M1EYP

Mario @DJ2MX will take DL20SOTA/P from DL/MF-082 into the air tomorrow.

Maybe it will work out for a QSO if you will also be qrv with GB20SOTA.

73 Marcel DM3FAM

1 Like

I hope so yes. I have to go QRT by 1000z but hopefully we will make S2S in the short overlap time of our activations.

1 Like

We did it!

GB20SOTA <—> DL20SOTA/P has happened!

A bad storm hit as I was coming to the end of my activation. A check on the spots revealed that DL20SOTA/P was QRV on 20m CW. With the rain so bad and the wind so disruptive that my bothy bag was very little use, I was very pleased to work the other special event station first call!

7 Likes

Hi Tom, yes we did it :+1:
Thanks a lot for the QSO!
I‘m sorry about your weather, I had a sunny day with 17 C :sunglasses:

73, Mario DJ2MX (DL20SOTA/p on DL/MF-082)

4 Likes

Here is a quick update on DL20SOTA/P.

• A total of 1685 QSOs could be made.
  • 28 activations, 27 of them on unique summits by a total of 12 activators.
  • From the association DL, 4 summits (regions - AM, BE, BG, MF)
  • From the association DM, 23 summits (regions - BW, HE, NS, RP, TH)

Thanks to all (activators and chasers) for participating in and with DL20SOTA/P.

DL20SOTA/P is back on the air on Saturday 23/04/2022 from Armin @DL6GCA and Ed @DD5LP.

DL20SOTA/P (next alerts)

73 Marcel DM3FAM

4 Likes

thanks for the qso today Ed m0sgb

1 Like

You’re very welcome steven,

Thanks to the leaders of the SOTA-BW group for letting me use the callsign this afternoon.

Plenty of stations to type into the log tonight - unfortunately, no North American contacts, but interestingly one in India!

73 Ed.

2 Likes

I had a fairly active afternoon with 70 contacts, 10 of them being S2S but only within Europe, no transatlantic contacts (S2S or normal) at all (which was the purpose of going out this afternoon), despite using the DL20SOTA/P special call sign.
Now I am busy typing in the log HI.
73 Ed.

2 Likes

Here is a quick update on DL20SOTA/P (until 11.05.2022 inclusively)

• A total of 2251 QSOs could be made.
  • 40 activations, 36 of them on unique summits by a total of 14 activators.
  • From the association DL, 9 summits (regions - AL, AM, BE, CG, BG, MF, WS)
  • From the association DM, 31 summits (regions - BW, HE, NS, RP, TH)

Thanks to all (activators and chasers) for participating in and with DL20SOTA/P.

DL20SOTA/P (next alerts)

73 Marcel DM3FAM

6 Likes

Here is a quick update on DL20SOTA/P.

• A total of 2805 QSOs could be made.
  • 56 activations, 52 of them on unique summits by a total of 14 activators.
  • From the association DL, 9 summits (7 regions - AL, AM, BE, CG, BG, MF, WS)
  • From the association DM, 47 summits (6 regions - BM, BW, HE, NS, RP, TH)

DL20SOTA/P (next alerts)

73 Marcel DM3FAM

2 Likes

Here is a quick update on DL20SOTA/P (until 02.07.2022 inclusively).

• A total of 3169 QSOs could be made.
  • 68 activations, 62 of them on unique summits by a total of 14 activators.
  • From the association DL, 9 summits (7 regions - AL, AM, BE, CG, BG, MF, WS)
  • From the association DM, 59 summits (6 regions - BM, BW, HE, NS, RP, TH)

The most activations with DL20SOTA/P were done by Armin @DL6GCA with 23 activations and followed by Mario @DJ2MX with 13 activations so far.

DL20SOTA/P (next alerts)

73 Marcel DM3FAM

4 Likes