Other SOTA sites: SOTAwatch | SOTA Home | Database | Summits | Video | Photos | Shop | Mapping | FAQs | Facebook | Contact SOTA

Yorkshire Day August 1st 2021

:hibiscus::wink:

It looks like most are heading out Sunday morning -

So I’ve planned for the same kind of times. These are two castle ruin sites (in WCA/COTA and SOTA schemes) to fit with having the flag flying!

73 Ed.

4 Likes

Thanks for the list Ed. I have added my activation now, 0915z on Buckden Pike G/NP-009. Great Whernside G/NP-008 is a possibility for the afternoon, but more unlikely than likely so I haven’t alerted for it. Hopefully we will get a few more activators celebrating the day.

Great that you sourced a Yorkshire Flag in Germany especially for the occasion - you’ll get questions from the public I imagine! I also will be sporting the Yorkshire flag, which was last flown (in low wind) on the 2019 Tour de France on the summit of Grand Ballon FL/VO-001 - see it at 00:10 IN THIS YOU TUBE LINK

73 Phil G4OBK

Of course nobody has told these Yorkshiremen that there is an entrance fee to pay to take part in the celebrations. You watch them all back out when they find they need to fetch some brass from their pockets! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Yes, but that doesn’t apply to me, as I hail from the dark side over t’other side of the Pennines. I only lived here in Yorkshire for 28 years.

2 Likes

Rumoured to be 5 pence per entry so probably not many participants wearing the white rose :speak_no_evil:

3 Likes