Trans-Atlantic S2S Event - 4th November 2023 - pre-event chat.

The next Trans-Atlantic S2S event will be held on Saturday 4th November 2023 with the “core” operating period being between 13:00UTC and 17:00UTC. As we are now getting well into Cycle 25, there may be some advantage in extending your activation beyond this period, but that will be down to the individual activator. Those in EU that intend to participate in this event must remember that this will mean descending when it will be darker and colder, so please do not take any risks.

Looking forward to having many S2S contacts in the log.

73, Gerald G4OIG / G8CXK

36 Likes

Thanks Gerald for the heads-up. I shall try out my delta loop for 20 meters that has been gathering dust over the summer waiting for the event.

Here’s hoping for good weather and gd condx on the day!

Cheers, Rob

7 Likes

I will be on a summit for this event…peak TBD.

Should have 30 watts or so.

Pete
WA7JTM
W7A

6 Likes

Hello,

I was looking for this event; I logged some NA this past days from home.
I wish to grab some more from a summit in the event.

I will try participating.
20-17-15-12 meters working fine in the last days…

73 Ignacio

11 Likes

Weather permitting, I’m in :slight_smile:
Focus will be on the higher bands with vertical dipoles or even a vertical dipole array.

73, Roman

9 Likes

It’s a great time for Brazil.
I’m warning people to activate some peaks here in Brazil.
Please listen to our calls, especially in the 10 meters, the best band between South America and Europe.

Carlos
PY2VM
Sota São Paulo

12 Likes

Holla Inácio,
Espero escucharte

Carlos
py2vm

5 Likes

Looking forward to it again this year!
Charlie NJ7V

7 Likes

Weather willing, I’ll be there.

4 Likes

Dr Gerald
Tks for organizing the event! I will participate if wx is ok.
73 de HBPBIN, Jürg

5 Likes

I’ve posted an alert for G/DC-003. Planning to use 50W. :slight_smile:
John
M0WIV

6 Likes

I’m in barring the unexpected. Heading up to Oklahoma the night before to camp. Hopefully see buffalo or elk on the hike in. My 12 year old daughter will probably do some SSB. Thanks for organizing; hope to make contact.

5 Likes

With recent conditions it might be worth hauling my 7300 up a summit for this!

4 Likes

During the event I hope to activate LZ/CB-012 Yumruka 1819m + LZFF-0020 Tsarichina.
3-5. Nov I’il be with a group of close friends at Echo hut and will activate nearby summits(GMA/SOTA) and protected territories(LZFF/WWFF).
73&44 de Rumen/LZ2AF

6 Likes

I’ll try to be at some EA7/MA… summit and catch a lot of S2S.
73 Manu!

2 Likes

DJ5BK/P, DD2ZN/P and DF6RK/P will join the Trans-Atlantic S2S-Party from Erbeskopf DM/RP-158 , starting around 1100z on 40m/20/15/10m in SSB and Digital. We got already the permission issued by the German Military Infrastructure Authority, AZ is in restricted area. Check SOTAwatch. 73s Ralf, DF6RK

3 Likes

I plan to be on a summit and will likely run 50 - 100w as well. Weather permitting, I’ll have a 15m moxon and if the winds are calm, a 7 element 10m portable beam.

I’ll be primarily CW, but will have the capability to do SSB, and maybe digital modes.
Adam
K6ARK

14 Likes

My God,
They are preparing S9 for activations. hihi

I will use 28mhz 3 elements Yagi SuperAntenna
For 21mhz and 14mhz, EFHW.
I hope to hear from you.
Carlos
PY2VM

9 Likes

I was wondering what powers people intend to use on this event with the 2 major modes that will be used.

You can pick one option from CW options and one option from the SSB options.

• CW up to 5W
  • CW up to 10W
  • CW up to 50W
  • CW up to 100W
0 voters
  • SSB up to 5W
  • SSB up to 10W
  • SSB up to 50W
  • SSB up to 100W
0 voters
2 Likes

I will take my EFHW for 40/20/15 and 10m. On these bands it is resonant for the MX-P50 and I can use about 30 watts… for the other bands I’ll connect it directly to the KX2 and let the tuner work… then it’s 8 - 10 watts (depending on the band)

73 Armin

4 Likes