The SOTA "Tastes" challenge for 2020

Surely all Scottish summits should be accompanied by a can of Irn Bru.

Tasting a new tea. Zingy Lemon & Ginger today.

Let’s see how my SOTA activity goes today…
Cheers,

Guru

Sencha Green Tea today…

Guru

Seeing as the drinks don’t include alcoholic beers, here’s a list of alcoholic beers that activators can drink on the SOTA summits and chaser can drink in their shacks for each month. Me and my dad Tom M1EYP have enjoyed 3 occasions when drinking alcoholic beers on the SOTA summits. First time was 7 years ago when we both drank a bottle of Wainwright ascending Corndon Hill GW/MW-013 which was my Mountain Goat activation, 2nd time for 2 years ago when we both drank a bottle of Guinness just as it started it chuck it down on Sawel Mountain GI/SM-001 which was our final SOTA summit in GI and more recently we in June we drank a bottle of Snowdonia Ale on GW/NW-037 which was out final GW/NW SOTA summit. Here the list of alcoholic beers for each month.

January - Plum Porter
February - Double Dragon Ale
March - Guinness
April - Wainwright
May - Bosley Cloud
June - Snowdonia Ale
July - Estrella
August - Bangla
September - Cumberland
October - Hobgoblin
November - Doom Bar
December - Rocking Rudolph

Jimmy M0HGY

1 Like

Theres a few there Ive not sampled, not sure about drinking on the Summit though

1 Like

So many beers, so little time!

1 Like

That’s actually a great schedule Jimmy, with all the seasonal stuff in the appropriate places!

I’m up for this challenge if you are. You might need to think of something else for February, as it’s unlikely we’re going to be anywhere near where we can get a bottle of that then! Perhaps the same for June too, but the rest look viable.

2 Likes

2012%20MW-013%20(1)

1 Like

English Breakfast tea today…

Cheers,

Guru

1 Like

Mackmyra Vintersol, a Swedish one. Quite sweet and porty, as the Whisky matured in a Port Wine cask. Not a hint of smoke and salt, but that’s what I wanted today.

Ahoi
Pom

You really shouldn’t promote adultry. I’m sure her husband would object strongly!

Actually she found me very trying - and she was not the first!