SOTA friends net on Peanut - 0900z Monday 20th April

When would be good to have our next organised net of SOTA friends on Peanut? You can vote for as many choices as you like - so please choose every option that would work for you.

• Weekday 1030
  • Weekday 1500
  • Weekday 1930
  • Saturday 1030
  • Saturday 1500
  • Saturday 1930
  • Sunday 1030
  • Sunday 1500
  • Sunday 1930

0 voters

1 Like

It would be good to have a few more votes on this poll. Especially from those who joined in the last Peanut net that haven’t voted yet:

@EA2BD
@EA2IF
@VK3YY

,and anyone else who would like to join in this global net of SOTA enthusiasts.

I saw the poll earlier, but then of course converting UK to Oz time! We will be 9 hours ahead of your local time tomorrow when we go off daylight savings. That will make your 10:30 (local) our 19:30… or if the poll times are UTC then 1030UTC will be 20:30 EST Oz.
Cheers,
Glenn.

2 Likes

Tried to get registered on Peanut but no success.

Your mail to or the mail from has been caught by the spam filter there. Happened to me, I tried a different email address I have and got a reply in 15mins. There is something listed on the peanut site if you don’t get a reply.

1 Like

I registered and received a very quick reply. Just try again. I think.

Had a “Peanut QSO” with Andy MM0FMF, Allen 2E0AGB and Ignacio EA2BD yesterday. I had met two of them in person!

I expect that ratio will decrease much as my average points per activation does.

I may eventually overcome the odd sensation of speaking into my logging tablet and giving my callsign.

73 Andrew VK1DA/VK2UH

1 Like

OK, so I’m thinking Monday 6th April 2020 - 1030 UTC = 11.30am UK time.

Make a note in your diaries and let’s have everyone QRV together in Peanut at that time.

See you then!

1 Like

I tried to register but never heard back with a pin number.
Could only send a screen shot of my licence details from ACMA don’t get a paper copy any more.
vk5cz …

Ian,

I did the same, that was accepted. I think I got a reply within a day.
I think David PA7ilm has been inundated with requests. hopefully he has a way of sharing the load of the licence validations.

I used my Lenovo tablet that is usually used to log activations. it worked fine.

73 Andrew VK1DA/VK2UH

1 Like

Roger, 20:30 (8:30 PM) Eastern Australia time on Monday evening.

I tried to upload my license to get the activating PIN as a PDF as this is what our licenseing authority allows you to download your license as, to find that system only accepts images not PDF. So I took a photo (JPEG) of the PDF and tried to upload that. Didnt work. I then sent an email to David with the JPEG and got the PIN back within a few hours. Thank you David, its a great app/resource.

Compton

1 Like

Look forward to chatting with everyone once again tomorrow.

Monday 6th April 2020

1030z / 11.30am BST

Hi Tom, what category and room will that be. 73 de Geoff

Hi Andrew, what Category and Room did have set-up. I am using a win10 Tablet. I have peanut working.

73 de Geoff vk3sq

As per Guru’s post above, category ALL and room SOTA.

Also worth viewing is the “control panel” page, http://peanut.pa7lim.nl/. You can type SOTA into the search box and see a list of callsigns signed into that room. There are many many “rooms”.

I registered with the DMR system too. That was the only way to have my name display on the peanut screen when logged in.

Cheers
Andrew
VK1DA/VK2UH

I’ll be there !
(like in the song by the Four (SOTA?) Tops, the lead singer surely shows some “prominence” … hi)

When a lot of people sign in … we will need a “master of ceremonies” (net control) …
A perfect job for Tom I guess :wink:

Luc ON7DQ

1 Like

We are underway!

In Peanut we have:

@M1EYP
@G4BLH
@MM0FMF
@EA2IF
@VK2HRX
@VK3YY
@VK3SQ
@GW8OGI
@ON7DQ
@ON6UU
@2E0AGB
@EA2BD
@M1BUU

2 Likes

see this post for how to show the Dashboard AND Peanut at the same time on Android
(split screen mode in recent Android versions)

Luc ON7DQ

1 Like

Oh,

just found something else …

On the Dashboard, on the left is a Last Heard list
You can also type SOTA in the search box, and then the callsigns are clickable, and bring you to their qrz.com page

Looking at the timestamp will also show if something is going on in the SOTA room at the moment … “Look who’s talking !”

Luc ON7DQ

1 Like

Hi Tom, great roll-up today/ tonight. Thanks for organising this. Good to talk to the range of hams from around the planet and hear their voices.

73 de Geoff vk3sq

2 Likes