SOTA DMR Talk Group

I was browsing the BrandMeister DMR Talk Group list and noticed that Talk Group 973 is labeled SOTA. Does anyone know if this is a Summits On The Air group?

2 Likes

Hello Richard,
YES IT IS the SOTA TG
We use this TG for a while with some friends from US and EU
F5LKW ON6ZQ F6HBI… It is fine.
We also have DSTAR SOTA reflecteor which is DCS933 S (S like SOTA)
Hope that helps.
Gerald F6HBI

4 Likes

Is the group active? What is the purpose? Here and there I go in there to hear whats going on but its quiet. No one listens too.

1 Like

Hi Aleksander, @OE6ALK
TG-973 is active, I monitoring this talk group with some other :+1:
73 Éric

2 Likes

Yes !
TG-973 is an active group.
When I’m activator, I use it and I can meet
SA4BLM - ON6ZQ - F6HBI - F5JKK
When I’m chaser, I always stand by on TG-973
I already done QSO with N1CLC/P, he was walking to summit.
WGOAT and many others hams, like Caleb and so on
I also use the Dstar way: DCS933 S => F5UBH - F5HTR - F6HBI - F5LKW - ON6ZQ - SA4BLM - G0VWP and …
73 QRO
Roger

1 Like

There’s also a SOTA group on Peanut. You can do that via your Android phone. But of course you’ll need cell phone coverage on the summits.
ON6UU

1 Like

Thanks! I will listen to this group and join a QSO as soon I catch some time :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Aleks !
My HotSpot’s DASHBOARD.

I had to remove my static groups from my hotspot because I did not hear f6hbi afterwards any more. Possibly my hotspot was busy with static tgs. I need to use dynamic only I guess.

2 Likes

Yes !
Here I use on my HotSpot, only TG-973 static Talk-Group and I use the repeater (F1ZNX) for the others TG and when I’m on portable.

Did you mean DCS033S? I usually don’t see many people there, however ON6ZQ is there at the moment.

Edit: I see that XLX933, XLX444 and XLX699 are peers (XLX033 Reflector Dashboard ). XLX933S/DCS933S is also listed as a SOTA reflector (http://xlx933.dstar-france.fr/).

1 Like

Hello Jason.
Few years ago we used DCS033 but it changed to XLX933S/DCS933S
Dashboard: XLX933 Reflector Dashboard
With ON6ZQ, F6HBI, we always use this way for CHASING or ACTIVATION.
73 Roger

1 Like

I have one of these on order, openSPOT3 – SharkRF . Seems to fit the “I want to take it portable to a summit” spec the best. I have used a Jumbo Spot but the external battery etc makes them less ideal than the OS3.

I know I am in for a long wait for delivery but when it arrives expect to hear me back on TG973.

Compton

1 Like

Hi Compton, did you order it from that website you listed.

73 de Geoff vk3sq

Yes, not cheap but I think way ahead of others for portable use in a pack.
Compton

1 Like

Thanks for QSO on DMR just few minutes ago.
Really interesting to know that that 973 is alive and monitored.

'73 de ik6bak, Eliseo.

1 Like

Welcome on TG-973 dr Eliseo and see you next.
73 Roger

1 Like

A few days ago I bought Retevis DMR RT3S for only 110 euros. During my last activations I was able to coordinate with Lars, SA4BLM, Roger F5LKW and Gerald, F6HBI via the sota talkgroup. That was very helpful.

73 Chris

4 Likes

I listen all the time in case Geoff comes on but as yet have never heard anyone

1 Like

Hello Friends
@DL1CR
Nice to QSO you on DMR.
I was walking to the second summit F/AM-371.
When I arrived on top, I did n’y hear you at all.
S2s next time.

@2E0AGB
Allen, you can usually listen F6HBI, EA2CW, N1CLC, WX4 …, F5JKK, DJ2FR and probably more.
Each Time I go to SOTA, I listen SOTA TalkGroup

73 Roger

2 Likes