SOTA DMR Talk Group

Hello to the round
From the list Pi-Star relay I can see that it is an application in slot 2. But on which frequency do I have to program the device?

73 de HB9HOR
Roger

I heard you very weak 22 and try to call several times. No change. But we had our dmr qso. It was very nice to hear you breathing on the walk up to the summit, much less, then I did :sweat_smile:

Letā€™s do it again!

73 Chris

Hello all,
This is F6HBI, Iā€™m glad TG-973 is busy.
There are also some Italian stations, and many others that just listen to.
The way i use TG-973 as an activator:
I dont carry a hotspot on the hills, so i must setup my AnyTone 878UV and connect a repeater (if any in the area).
By the same time the Anytone send my location using DPRS.
When walking, i give few informations, saying the conditions and the timing.
When activating on summit, i keep telling my TX frequency, and/or making sched.
I can receive also some informations from friends.
That means, the activity on the TG973 is not a lot, but it is very helpfull for activator/chasser (as well as security).
73ā€™s See you from summit.
Gerald F6HBI

1 Like

@HB9HOR Roger,
I read you post, but i do not understand your question. If you need help, we can do that.
Are you using a hotspot or a repeater? What is your TX? Are you registered on the Brandmeisterā€¦?
Gerald F6HBI

Hello Gerald

I use an Anytone 878 each time through the known relays. But I assume that not all the TG switched heben and for this a separate frequency may be necessary to achieve this TG. Mkay I know I am DAU user.

In case man want to see who is on the TG-973:
https://brandmeister.network/?page=lh&DestinationID=973
Gerald

Hi Roger Iā€™m thinking maybe I havenā€™t got it set up right in my codeplug as last night there was loads of activity but no audio coming through. Iā€™ll have a look at it when sota chasing is done later on.
Best 73

2 Likes

It loks like you did it!

2 Likes

2 Likes

Hi all,

One of the successes of hearing something about the TG973 :

• for the activators is to put in his SOTAwatch alert ā€œTG973 and APRS with your APRS callā€.

• for the chaser to listen to the TG973 and also to click on the link "APRS.fi " in related links on the summit of the alert !

Example :

and

Once on the APRS.fi page, put in the top right the desired callsign F6HBI-7 in this case on this example. You will be able to see the progress of the activator towards the summit.

73, Ɖric

PS:

but donā€™t tell everyone :joy:

5 Likes

Unfortunly, i was not able to send an aprs.fi signal from my no manā€™s lands!!!
except on the summit when i could reach a DMR repeater.
Gerald F6HBI-7

@F5LKW Lars told me, that you try to contact me on top. Sry, but itā€™s getting too could for us. S2S next time, Roger :v:

@2E0AGB Allen, nice to hear you so well on DMR. Sry, but we didnĀ“t spot. It took time to get some S2S in cw. After that, see above

73 Chris

2 Likes

Hi Chris !
I was really frozen on my first summit.
I couldnā€™t feel my fingers and feet.
On the second, wind was down. So great under the sun.
See u next.

2 Likes

Nice to hear. Happy Sota!
Chris

No Problem Chris
Stay safe and best 73