Short Stop on the outer hebrides

Hi together,
i will stay from the 28.06. - 30.06. on Lewis, Harris and Uist.
I take my Anytone DRM Radio with me. Maybe i will aktivate a summit on 2m fm.
And i try to make qso’s on drm repeater.
But firts of all we will enjoy the beautifull landscape.

VY73
Uwe

6 Likes

Have a great trip Uwe. Beautiful short steep hills on all islands for nice activations. BUT the changeable weather can be challenging, as I discovered last week managing only 1 of 5 planned activations! Hope you have better luck. Enjoy.

73. Mike

2 Likes

Thank you for the nice picture. Hope weather will be fine. It is an adventure because I only can work on 2m fm.
VY73

1 Like

Hi Uwe,
enjoy your trip to the hebrides. I stay at home standby on DMR Sota talkgroup for any call.
73 Chris

Hope you are lucky with the radio and the weather. In 2018 we travelled from Oban to Stornoway via Barra and the islands, going up hills when we we could. I was using 2m fm (max 5w with a dipole) and M0JLA was on HF and I took a few HF contacts when neccesary. I found it very difficult to get contacts on 2m fm but there is an amateur on N Uist (GM0HBF) who travels around for work and listens on 2m, also a few people on Skye and a couple of amateurs near Stornoway. At the weekend it is slightly easier and it helps if the hills are on the eastern side with good take-off.

We are soon (11 - 18 June) going to be travelling from Oban on to the Isle of Mull and I will be looking for 2m fm contacts if I can get up any of the hills (ankle/foot problems). I am sorry that we will be too early for you. After Mull we got east to near Pitlochry but leave there on the 27th - sorry. Best of luck
Viki M6BWA

3 Likes