SOTA booth at the HAM RADIO 2023 in Friedrichshafen

At this point a big thank you to all supporters who have donated a total of 470 Euro so far!
The latest donors are John @M0WIV and the HB9SOTA-group @HB9EKO :star_struck:
What an awesome community! We canā€™t wait to see you all in Friedrichshafen!

73, Roman

6 Likes

just signed a slot on the stand :slight_smile:

73 de IW0HK Andrea

5 Likes

Thank you Andrea @IW0HK. We look forward to meeting you at the stand :+1:

73 Marcel DM3FAM

2 Likes

Where do you sign ā€œa slot on the standā€?

73 Heinz

Hi Heinz,

You can find the link (bitpoll) in the first post from Marcel:
SOTA booth at the HAM RADIO 2023 in Friedrichshafen

And you have signed up already. Sylvia was sharing the link via email some month ago too.

73 Joe

1 Like

In the meantime, donations reached the incredible ammount of 600 ā‚¬ :tada: :partying_face: :champagne: :balloon:
Thank you so much, I donā€™t know what else to say!
The latest donors are Michael (SWL), Ed @DD5LP, Anita @HB9HBU and Jean-Pierre @HB9HBV :blush:
Please stay tuned, we are about to release a really nice surprise in a few days! (and it is not that Marcel and me are going to spend a few weeks in the Caribbean :wink: )

In case more people are interested in taking over a shift (or more), here - again - is the link to the poll: https://bitpoll.de/poll/OT54TlX5wT/
It would be great if a few more people could sign up so others donā€™t have to spend the whole day at the booth :wink:

Finally, I would like to repeat Sylviaā€™s request:

Thanks to all! Iā€™m really looking forward to meeting you in Friedrichshafen (only about 6 weeks to go :slightly_smiling_face: :upside_down_face: :slightly_smiling_face:)
73, Roman

6 Likes

A short note to all who are travelling down the A96 Motorway to Friedrichshafen next month for ā€œHam Radio 2023ā€.
As of today (15th. May 2023), major roadworks have started to resurface a long section of the motorway around Mindleheim - this work will continue until October and MAJOR delays are expected in busy times.
So those who were planning 2 hours for the trip from Munich to Friedrichshafen, Iā€™d add another hour into your plan to be safe.

73 Ed DD5LP.

1 Like

Me and Paul W6PNG are coming via Geneva again. So thatā€™s HB/SO etc. completes bagging on the way and the Konstanz/Meersburg ferry. We still have to suffer the A31 around the lake however :frowning:

1 Like

I am not local but what about this one here:
https://www.traube-ailingen.de/

It is not so far of from the fair like the one used some years back.
Any experiences?

73 Joe

2 Likes

Yes, I can recommend Traube in Ailingen. Nice food with Croatian touch.
They have a lovely beer garden under a large lime tree. But you have to book in advance as they only have a limited number of tables and there is no chance to get a table when just walking in.

73 de Michael, DB7MM

1 Like

Great because I will stay there overnight :slight_smile:

Looking at pre-cov19 times I guess we could expect like 20-25 guests for a a SOTA dinner?

Only people that actually visit the Ham Radio fair please answer:

• I would join a dinner on Friday
  • I would join a dinner on Saturday

0 voters

3 Likes

If you want to arrive in FN in time, you better let him do the navigating. :wink:

Yes, you do all your road numbers wrong in Germany, you really should fix that so the prefixes match ours. Then thereā€™d be no confusion.

In Germany all motorways from north to south, e.g. the A1, have odd numbers.
Even numbers run from west to east, e.g. the A4.

Long-distance federal motorways always have one digit, regional motorways two digits, feeder motorways three digits.

73 Armin

5 Likes

Hello all.

The list of exhibitors is now officially ā€œonlineā€.

You will find the SOTA stand at A1-190 in the ā€œZEPPELIN CAT Hall A1ā€.

We are looking forward to meeting you at the stand. More information and a little surprise about the stand will follow in the next few days. Stay tuned and visit us.

Marcel DM3FAM

2 Likes

Hereā€™s the English version of the page:
HAM Radio Friedrichshafen | The HAM RADIO (hamradio-friedrichshafen.com)

At 11 am on Saturday there will be live coverage of a balloon launch, but Itā€™s not clear if the balloon will be launched from the event or from elsewhere, I suspect the latter as the entry says ā€œubertragungā€. In previous years (not for the last three I think ) the launch has been from the Ham Radio - next to the biergarten and it was always a highlight of the show for me. It also does not clash with the SOTA forum and if live at the event would fit nicely before the SOTA Meet-up at noon.

I think several of the items in the calendar may have additional information added in the next few days, but itā€™s good to see at least the list of all the exhibitors traders and lectures to be able to plan the visit.

73 Ed.

5 Likes

Take 2ā€¦ managed to spill tea over laptop keyboard. Laptop stripped, cleaned, dried and reassembled. :frowning:

Prices seem steep this year for a 3 day pass. But as I am half retired, do I qualify for the pensioner rate? Whatā€™s the definition of pensioner (rentner?) in Germany?

EDIT: Itā€™s really cool the Messe website is also in English, thatā€™s very nice of them to do that.

I would expect the ticket office would like to see a pension card, which you get in Germany as a 65th birthday presentā€¦

If you have your passport or ID card to show you are over 65, you may get the reduced price but no promises.

They actually knock a further ā‚¬3 off the price if you buy the 3-day ticket through the online shop - I wonder how they check you are a pensioner (ā€œRentnerā€) there?

If you have taken early retirement (before 65) I suspect you wont get the reduced price without showing a pensioners card to prove you are no longer working full-time.

73 Ed.

1 Like

I got the ā€œRentnerā€ tariff last year, since I was really retired, but I wasnā€™t over 65 then (now I am ! :slight_smile: ).
I bought my ticket online, and no one ever checked at the door.

Luc ON7DQ

2 Likes

Many thanks to the last donors, Petr @OK1CZ, Coen @PA5KM and also Stephan @HB9EAJ. Thank you for your financial support! We look forward to meeting you at the stand.

We last wrote to you that there will be a little surprise :question:

There will be a small raffle at the stand. For a small donation you can take part in the raffle - itā€™s worth it :slightly_smiling_face: At the booth there will be a box from which the winners will be drawn. Just stop by and join in.

Of course, what is there to win :interrobang:

We have two main prizes :smiley:

Firstly, a BaMaKeY TP-III morse key from Bamatech.net. And of course not just any. It is one of the special edition in green with a unique engraving for Ham Radio 2023! This key should not be missing in any collection. Many thanks to Markus @DL6YYM for this key which you can win :+1: :beers: :smiley:

And secondly a Pico Paddle from Palm Radio in a silver aluminium case, also a special edition! This key is also a must-have in every collection. Many thanks to Hannes @DL9SCO for this key which you can win :smiley: :+1: :beers:

Excluded from the raffle are, unfortunately, the booth staff and the Orga Team of the booth - sri :wink:

The raffle will take place on Sunday, 25.06.2023 at the stand at about 14:30. If the winner is not present, the prize will be sent to him/her :outbox_tray:

We look forward to meeting you at the exhibition stand and keep our fingers crossed for one of these prizes for each participant :four_leaf_clover:

Marcel DM3FAM es Roman DL3TU and of course on behalf of the Orga Team and the stand staff.

11 Likes