Six Mountains & One Bivouac

Ben, you should weigh about 150kg with your diet!! Once you get past 50 and your metabolism starts to slow down…watch out!

3 Likes

One of those Park summits is possibly wrong - I think Andy @MM0FMF went and moved one so I have to go back and re-complete my ES total.
Easy for you, long long drive for me

1 Like

Hahaa, I’ve always been a massive believer in full fat products, blue top milk… full fat butter & cheese etc etc… all natural. As long as you keep active :crossed_fingers:

4 Likes

Another enthusing adventure Fraser, and superbly documented as always.

Thanks for sharing this.

73 de Jon
OK8GB / G6UDE

Thanks Jon. Hopefully I can fit in another overnighter before the end of the summer.:slightly_smiling_face:

73, Fraser

Brilliant account and a very, very good achievement. As usual some brilliant photos to match.

2 Likes

It was a one-way leap as the launch bank was significantly higher. The photo is a screen grab from my GoPro session, which is tiny and lives on my walking pole. Can you work it out from there?

You left one of your walking poles behind to support the camera, and then retrieved it by catching the wrist loop with your antenna mast? Thanks for an excellent report Fraser, this is really inspiring!

73, John M0VCM

2 Likes

John, Excellent work! You win a prize :trophy: next time I see you.

2 Likes

Amazing job Fraser. I do enjoy reading all the details. Can’t wait to get out myself.

1 Like

Cracking report and inspirational.

1 Like

Hi Fraser,

such beautiful photos from your overnighter, thank you very much for this great report, feels inspiring !

73 andy DL2DVE

2 Likes

Thanks Andy. I was reviewing some video footage from day 1 of the hike last night. Nice memories!

73, Fraser MM0EFI

I’ve posted part 1 of the expedition video on youtube.

Six Scottish Summit Summer Special - Part 1 - YouTube

3 Likes

Nice report Fraser and I spotted the rally freebie :slight_smile: I thought I spotted an alert for a new YT video to watch, along with the other 74 alerts I have.

2 Likes

Cheers John. Part 2 will follow in a couple of weeks - once I have got round to editing it.

You’ll have to help me out with that one?

1 Like

Looking forward to part 1 tonight and part 2 when its on general release :slight_smile:
What do you use to edit the footage?

I use a program on the PC called Cyberlink Power Director.

1 Like

Cheers

…and part 2 of the odyssey is now on YouTube, featuring the lovely Glen Tilt.

Six Scottish Summit Special - Part 2 - YouTube

4 Likes

I enjoyed watching both videos last night. I was struck at how much further, and ambitious, your adventure was, when compared to my recent overnight trip!

Regarding kit in the pack, I had a fairly similar list of items. My Mountain Equipment Starlight 1 sleeping bag was a bit warm really, I should have swapped it for my XYL’s thinner one. I bought an Alpkit Cloudbase sleeping mat in the sale and it was brilliant, really comfy, and not bulky at all. I got the drybag to match the mat, which doubles up as a pump.

I was looking at the titanium sporks etc in Alpkit Ilkley yesterday and drooling - had I known that they were the secret to ultralight expeditions, I would have forked out the £7 or £8! :smiley:

73, Colin

3 Likes