My 55th birthday SOTA celebration

After my last birthday celebration,

I was thinking on a new way to celebrate this year’s birthday and I’ve finally come up with a nice way to celebrate it that will not only be valid for this year but also for all the other birthdays to come.
I’ll activate the #055 SOTA in my region (EA2/NV-055) and I’ll do it on the 55th KHz of the suitable HF bands, i.e. 7.055-SSB; 28.055-21.055-14.055-CW.
My birthday is on January 11th, so this Saturday!
Stay tuned. I’ll try to be on air in the begining of the afternoon too to give the NA chasers a chance to celebrate this birthday with me by chasing me on this nice summit.
I’ll be looking forward to QSO with as many of you as I can.

Guru

24 Likes

I like it! Very clever idea Guru. I hope to work you! Happy Birthday!

1 Like

Great idea Guru! Happy 55th! And many more celebrations! 73 Karen

1 Like

Thanks, Karen,
My idea is to keep celebrating birthdays this way until I can do it activating our local summit EA2/NV-119. :wink:

Guru

4 Likes

Very clever Guru and Happy Birthday. I will look for your spots.

Ariel NY4G

1 Like

Autentico !!! Espero felicitarte por radio.

1 Like

HB55! CU on the bands OM!

73 Christos.

1 Like

Guru, I hope to have a “HBG” (Happy Birthday Guru) S2S QSO with you on Saturday when I activate the 2 summits closest to my apartment in São Martinho do Porto. :grin:
73 de CT7/K9PM

1 Like

It rained a bit last night and it was raining early this morning, but the forecast is for a mainly nice sunny day tomorrow with just a 10% chance of rain, so it looks like the SOTA birthday celebration will be possible.
imagen
I’ll be looking forward to making many QSOs.
I expect to be on air by 11h30z aprox. after about 1h30 hike but we will be a party of 8 (my SOTA friend JAP with his XYL and son, 2 of my brothers, my 14 y.o. nephew and my 9 y.o. son), so we might possibly have some unexpected delay… I hope not.
My idea is to start by about 11h30z on 14.055-CW, then go to 7.055-SSB, following to 28.055-CW, 21.055-CW, not expecting too many chasers on these 2 bands of 10 and 15m, and finally 14.055-CW again by around 12h30-13h00z. Depending on time and the rest of my party, I may work 20m SSB too.
My working conditions will be FT-817ND at 5W into an inverted vee endfed 21m long wire with a 9:1 unun and a 6m long counterpoise wire.
I’ll be ready to log you all. Don’t be impatient, please, there will be a chance for everyone to get into my log.
Thanks in advance and 73,

Guru

3 Likes

Happy Birthday Guru! I’ll be watching for you.
Gary K3TCU

1 Like

Will be watching spots and listening, Guru. Happy Birthday, and 55 x 55!

73 Paula k9ir

1 Like

Hi Guru,
I will be active in sota, I hope to contact you for the good wishes.

IW2OBX

1 Like

Happy Birthday Guru and many more celebrations !

73 de S58R - Rado

1 Like

Feliz cumpleaños Guru :birthday::champagne:
(Aquí tendré 62 el 11, pero en junio)
73 Éric

1 Like

Happy birthday Guru!
Hopefully we will have a S2S in my Mountain Goat activation today, and looking forward for many more in the future!

Have fun 73 de Ignacio

1 Like

Happy Birthday Guru, I hope you are having a good day and you had a good SOTA activation also.

Jimmy M0HGY

1 Like

Thanks a lot to all of you.
I had a great time activating EA2/NV-055 in a beautiful sunny day and nearly 70 QSOs were logged.
An activation report with pictures will be published later…

Guru

2 Likes

Happy birthday and Happy New Year dr Guru!

Hope you had a good Birthday Guru, thank you for the QSO today!
Roger MW0IDX

1 Like