M6GYU MG

Congratulations to David M6GYU for achieving his Mountain Goat today on Place Fell using cw exclusively. He joins the herd at the Scarborough Amateur Radio Society.

Nick G4OOE

34 Likes

BZ David

2 Likes

Congratulations David on achieving Mountain Goat.

Jimmy M0HGY

2 Likes

Congratulations!

2 Likes

Congratulations!

2 Likes

Congratulations David :+1:

2 Likes

Congratulations David :+1: Always a pleasure to work you :wink:

73, Éric
F5JKK

2 Likes

Excellent. Congratulations!

73 Martin

2 Likes

Congratulations David.

Good to get you in my log on your journey to MG. Welcome to the herd :goat: :+1:

73 Allan GW4VPX

2 Likes

Many congratulations David. An excellent achievement. Always a pleasure to get you in the log. :grinning:

73, Gerald

2 Likes

Great stuff David. A jolly good result ! Welcome to the herd at Scarborough

73 Dave G3TQQ

2 Likes

CONGRATS David!

All Best, Ken

2 Likes

Congratulations David, thanks for all the summits!

73, Jonathan

2 Likes

Wow!! :flushed: :blush: :blush:

3 Likes

Congrats David!
73, Robert

2 Likes

Congratulations David!! :goat:

2 Likes

Congratulations Dave!

73 Gavin
GM0GAV

3 Likes

Nice one David , ray

2 Likes

Well done David, always nice to get that first goat. Here’s to many more.
73 de OE6FEG
Matt

2 Likes

Thank you all so much for the congratulations and for many of the posters on here who have QSOd with me since I first started in 2016 with my local 1 pointer ~~~TW-003.

its to you chasers who I owe so much as the experience would have been impossible without you and much more enjoyable being able to recognise familiar callsigns and names!!

As an ex climber, mountaineer & skier, this achievement has allowed me to explore places I would otherwise have only driven through - such as the Yorkshire Dales on my way to the Lakes, until SOTA made me stop and walk these hills too.

My 1st S2S & 2nd activation was from 9 Standards Rigg (NP-016) with M0at/p

Interesting QSOs?

RA1M/MM (Maritime Mobile) with the ship’s captain - who told me he was an ex Radio Officer until morse at sea was replaced by Marisat - he then retrained and stayed at sea.

I also had two QSOs with Indonesia, but never recognised the country until I got home. I nearly fell of my seat when I found out - especially as one of the ops turned out to be a female SOTA enthusiast herself! ( YC2VOC ) I also got two QSOs with Iceland - TF3Y and another with an American who was on a salmon fishing holiday there.

Other Activations include:-

One on Skis = TW-003.
Activating two unactivated tops - GM/NS-118 & GM/NS-131 - both one pointers and my 1st qsos with G4AFI/Andrew & F5JKK/ Eric.

Scafell Pike G/LD-001 in winter where I accidentally broke the wires from my key. I couldn’t get the cover off and resorted to sending CW by pressing the two bare ends together. It was also my 1st qso with G4BOK Phil who lives not far from my home. God knows what he thought of my morse that day.

Ben Nevis GM/WS-001 & Carn Mor Dearg GM/WS -003 which I did via an easy climbing route on the north side; ‘Ledge Route’ and also across the Arete between both summits. All went well until I got to Carn Mor Dearg and found I’d made a spotting error and I was unable to correct it or place a new alert/spot as I’d run out battery on my phone. Then it started to rain heavily. I got soaking wet and had rain dripping off my nose onto my log book inside my ‘bothy bag’. I only just got my 4 contacts.!!

Shortest Activation- 9 qsos in 20 minutes = i cannot remember why except it was some Scottish hill
Longest activation = 1 hr 30 minutes to achieve 4 qso’s.
Least number of contacts = Another 2 activations where I also only got 4 but in much shorter time.
Most contacts = 61 qso’s in two hours exactly.

I also came across my only ever /A (alternative address, suffix) and four other foundation holders. M6MPC, an ex merchant navy radio officer; M6BLV, M6HJR and M7TSM who contacted me on my final two activations.

As I said at the start I owe it to the many of you who have chased me since I first started and have contacted me many, many times since 2016 and and I find it difficult to express how enjoyable its been having so many familiar callsigns/names in my log.

Thank you all very much.

David

14 Likes