Liz, K1LIZ has become a Silent Key

Very sad news indeed, but I feel these warm messages will be supportive with Ron and family. Sure she was a great person and will be missed.
Liz will be present in our souls, enjoying the views from the Summit.
My condolences, 73 Ignacio.

1 Like

Just caught up with this shocking and sad news - I certainly concur with all the comments above. A reminder and inspiration for us all to get out there and live life to the fullest while we can.

1 Like

What an unexpected shock! Liz we all loved you.
Ron, God bless you! Liz and you have been an inspiration to many, many people!
My condolances to you and your family.
Gary K3TCU

1 Like

God bless you Liz we will miss your voice on the air and your call in our logs
We pray for you and your family in this time of need.

Dan KC7MSU

1 Like

Horrible newsā€¦RIP K1LIZā€¦Mike AD5A

2 Likes

Obituary for K1LIZ, Elizabeth Burns.
https://cartertrent.com/tribute/details/255793/Elizabeth-Burns/obituary.html#tribute-start

5 Likes

Sorry for your loss Ron, I was shocked at the news. Liz was always so cheerful on the air and a pleasure to work. May the Peace of our Lord comfort you in the days ahead. Gary W5ODS

2 Likes

RIP Elizabeth! Reading your obituary and in spite of your adversities looks like a life well lived! Well done.

I believe there are summits we cannot even imagine awaiting usā€¦till then!

The cheerful voice of Liz will be missed, thank you for the joy you shared with us.
Dale

Thanks Dean for the information and link to her obituary. She was always ā€œcourageā€ to me and obviously touched many lives. I pray for Ron and family.

1 Like

Sorry to hear that Liz K1LIZ is now silent key. R.I.P.

I am so sorry to hear of Lizā€™s passing. My condolences to Ron and her family.
Jeff K6QCB

A sad day for the SOTA community. Liz was a pillar of SOTA in the south east and had friends all over the country and the world.
Condolences to Ron who was her rock.

2 Likes

My condolences also to Ron and Lizā€™s family.

There are many special people in the SOTA community. In a very real sense we feel the loss of one of us across the globe.

Kindest regards, Mark.

1 Like

I have been away from SOTA the past couple weeks and just learned of the horrible news about Liz. I ache for Ron and their entire family. She was always so pleasant to QSO with and it is my honor to have her logged 46 times. Rest in peace, Liz. And Ron, our prayers are with you.
David ND1J Senoia GA

2 Likes

SOTA friends,

I am truly grateful for all the comments on this thread. Liz loved SOTA and the friends she made both on the air and in person.

I was so proud of what Liz was able to accomplish. She actually surprised me several times by doing things I didnā€™t think she could do, but she proved otherwise. She reminded me more than once that just because she didnā€™t do something the way I did didnā€™t mean that she couldnā€™t do it.

We had a great marriage and were life partners. No one will be able to replace her. Her absence is a huge hole in my life but I plan to carry on the tradition in her honor. I know she would want me to, in fact she told me so. I have some personal business to take care of in the next couple of weeks then you should start seeing me back on the air.

With the help of some adaptive sofware, Liz kept her radio log in a Word document. I will be copying and pasting this entire thread so that I can append it to her log. I canā€™t think of a more fitting thing to do.

As always,
Ron, NR3E, in body
Liz, K1LIZ, in spirit

18 Likes

I found Lizā€™s life story inspiring and had the pleasure of one or two QSOs.
My condolences to her extended family.
RIP, Liz.

David N6AN

1 Like

Ron, so sorry for your loss. You and Liz were a dynamic team.

Jody - K3JZD

My sincere condolences

de VE6JTW / VA6STA

very sad news,
R.I.P. Liz