Liz, K1LIZ has become a Silent Key

The W4 SOTA Community is heartbroken today with the news that Elizabeth (Liz) Burns, K1LIZ became a silent key early today, 2/26/22. There is no news beyond that. When arrangements are announced, they will be posted. Our heartfelt thoughts and prayers are with Ron and Liz’s entire family. Dean ~ K2JB

19 Likes

Thunderstruck. No one in SOTA has a life story like hers. RIP, Liz

Elliott, K6EL

5 Likes

Sorry to hear that Liz K1LIZ is now silent key, my condolences to her family.

Jimmy M0HGY

4 Likes

What a shock! Thanks for the post, Dean.
What a story, indeed; RIP Liz; you’ve been an inspiration.
Condolences to Ron.

Ken K6HPX and Kay KE7BGM

3 Likes

Liz was everyone’s favorite. She went through so much and always with a smile. Ron NR3E has been the husband we should all try to be.
Scott kw4jm

6 Likes

Rotten news. Condolences to her family and friends.

4 Likes

I am stunned at this news, and so saddened. Liz was an inspiration to all of us.

Condolences and prayers to Ron.

Paula k9ir

4 Likes

Heartfelt condolences to Ron in his extreme loss. Liz was a trooper and a heroine to us in SOTA.

Andy, N4LAG

5 Likes

This is so heartbreaking. I only did SSB on my activations to get her in my log.
Ron is in my thoughts and prayers.
Gary

4 Likes

Devastating news this morning. It was always a GREAT radio day when I could work Liz. Remembering good times and thinking positive thoughts for Ron.

K1LIZ from KB9JMU 73 and GL

Jim

4 Likes

Amen, Scott.

2 Likes

Definitely heartbreaking, will miss Liz immensely. We had such a good
time with her down in Huntsville this past Aug. My condolences to Ronnie
and family. She’ll be on the holiest summit of all, in heaven. Karen

5 Likes

So sad to hear this. Always brought a smile to my face when her and Ronnie showed up on SOTAwatch.

Condolences to the family.

CarL (WB7ULD) Marie (WB7ULF)

4 Likes

Thanks for posting Dean! Such a SAD event for SOTA. She was the sweetest lady to talk with, walk with, and work on the SOTA’s. She was an inspiration to anyone who wanted to do a summit. With all of life’s adversities she did not give in and kept going! Prayers and Condolences to Ron and the family. She will truly be missed! // AB4PP// John Paul

4 Likes

An incredible life story and an inspiration to us all. Glad to see Liz went 3X MG recently: a fitting end. RIP
de OE6FEG
Matt

4 Likes

Fearless woman. She will be missed.

4 Likes

Very sad news, my condolences to her family and friends.

4 Likes

Absolutely devastating news. My sincere condolences to all her family and friends.

4 Likes

I can’t believe this. It was just a few days ago when she activated SOTA for her 3xMG…
Just chased her a few times but I knew of her admirable strength and determination to overcome difficulties and adversity and I truly admired her too.
My condolences to Ron NR3E, family and friends.
R.I.P. Liz

Guru

5 Likes

There is never an ideal time to receive news like this, but today I received this news while at an ideal location: sitting on summit W4K/EC-074 Stephens Knob listening to another S2S QSO which included the news.

Only Ron, Liz, and I have activated that summit.

Prayers for Ron and their family in the time ahead. I’m sorry I didn’t know her longer and grateful for what she taught me.

6 Likes