Lake District SOTA Weekend 2020

I’ll check to see if there is anything significant on event wise for those dates.

20/21 June will do me very nicely!

If we do this on summer solstice someone is definitely going to have to pull an all-nighter. Looks like lots of people are considering this solstice as ‘special’, see this page for example.

June 2020 :+1:

Camping on a summit; only if my wife doesn’t come :wink:

Sounds good to me camping, radio, and birthday. May try to sort out a beam to do some SSB for the event.

[Wearing my astronomer hat]

Nutters

2 Likes

Fruitcakes!

As we have had no more input in terms of event clashes and the like I think we should set the weekend to the proposed date of 20th-21st June 2020.

Will be great to see everyone again.
Regards, Mark. M0NOM

You are Winston Smith and I claim my five pounds! :slight_smile:

Modifying the original proposal in-situ gets completely lost, I saw no notification of the change. I guess a few other people will be unaware and wont have commented either. Had I seen a notification, I’d have commented when you made the change.

For me, (hey and this is my point of view) that’s unsuitable. I already will be out of the UK 25th June - 2nd July for the Friedrichshafen Rally, then I’m back a few days and away for VHF field day 6-8th July. Now this would be another weekend away the week before. Can’t be done in my case. The dates in May are better.

Hi Andy

I thought it was fairly clear in the trail of messages below the immediate proposal about the changes in date. Changing the original post clarifies the proposed date to new readers, I was expecting the dialogue below to cover any changes.

I can’t see any other way of doing it other than a vote. I’m not precious about dates but clearly we do need to set one fairly early on to allow people to make travel arrangements.

Mark.

1 Like

Father’s Day. Fine by me. The chances of pleasing everyone are less than the chances of getting VK S2S during the event.
Thanks Mark

It’s all right Mark, this is harder than herding cats. Maybe a vote isn’t a bad idea for a few dates. I’m only a little grumpy because I had such a bonzer time last year meeting people and spending time with Paul HB9DST (who has a similar taste in Jazz to me), the SOTA results were merely a cherry on the cake compared to that.

If I can’t make then I can’t make it.

2 Likes

I would like to join in as an activator, I have the advantage of being retired so I will probably fit in with any days chosen, but in my experience any weekend is likely to be very busy in the summer months. I think the best tactic is avoid the honey pot summits, stay and activate on the fringes.

1 Like

Agree Brian. That’s what I did this year and (like Andy) had a ball. (I prefer rock to jazz though)

Me too.

Me too.

Happy with both dates but I now need to make sure I get the right date booked in the diary! Last year went for points with three summits rather than staying put. Not sure of the plan this year yet but Pillar, Kirk Fell and Gable would make for a challenge!

I like fruitcakes!

Pity will miss activating next year as I will be cruising but will listen out for those on the summits.

Please now see this topic for on-going discussion about the weekend.