Lake District SOTA Weekend 2020

The Lake District SOTA weekend 2020 will take place on 2020-06-20T08:00:00Z2020-06-21T17:00:00Z

Evening activity will centre around Windermere as that worked well last year.

Kind regards, Mark. M0NOM/P

2 Likes

Spring Bank Holiday Weekend that is Mark…busy busy.

73 Phil

Of course you are right Phil. Maybe given that it is a known quantity we should keep it on the same weekend as this years then, 16th-17th?

1 Like

That is likely to be a popular date in my opinion Mark - the weekend after the early May Day Bank Holiday weekend.

73 Phil

End of May is difficult for me due to a family wedding (hope to take my radio though for some foreign activations). I thoroughly enjoyed this year’s weekend and am sorry I can’t join you in person. Maybe catch some of you S2S though.

Good luck and enjoy…

Gigging in London - again!

Phil has very valid points about both dates.

OK, next try, what about the 6th and 7th of June? No bank holidays around.

Cheers, Mark.

How about 20th & 21st June summer solstice weekend?

I’ll check to see if there is anything significant on event wise for those dates.

20/21 June will do me very nicely!

If we do this on summer solstice someone is definitely going to have to pull an all-nighter. Looks like lots of people are considering this solstice as ‘special’, see this page for example.

June 2020 :+1:

Camping on a summit; only if my wife doesn’t come :wink:

Sounds good to me camping, radio, and birthday. May try to sort out a beam to do some SSB for the event.

[Wearing my astronomer hat]

Nutters

2 Likes

Fruitcakes!

As we have had no more input in terms of event clashes and the like I think we should set the weekend to the proposed date of 20th-21st June 2020.

Will be great to see everyone again.
Regards, Mark. M0NOM

You are Winston Smith and I claim my five pounds! :slight_smile:

Modifying the original proposal in-situ gets completely lost, I saw no notification of the change. I guess a few other people will be unaware and wont have commented either. Had I seen a notification, I’d have commented when you made the change.

For me, (hey and this is my point of view) that’s unsuitable. I already will be out of the UK 25th June - 2nd July for the Friedrichshafen Rally, then I’m back a few days and away for VHF field day 6-8th July. Now this would be another weekend away the week before. Can’t be done in my case. The dates in May are better.

Hi Andy

I thought it was fairly clear in the trail of messages below the immediate proposal about the changes in date. Changing the original post clarifies the proposed date to new readers, I was expecting the dialogue below to cover any changes.

I can’t see any other way of doing it other than a vote. I’m not precious about dates but clearly we do need to set one fairly early on to allow people to make travel arrangements.

Mark.

1 Like

Father’s Day. Fine by me. The chances of pleasing everyone are less than the chances of getting VK S2S during the event.
Thanks Mark