KU4R Silent Key

It is with great sadness I must report that late last night our SOTA friend Bob Warden, KU4R, passed away after an extended illness. Bob loved SOTA and always made it a point to give his friends in the W4 area their contacts. He recently earned his 50,000 chaser points certificate and finished his SOTA career with 61,408 points. Most everyone who reads this will find his callsign in their logs.

Rest in peace, Bob, you will be missed.

18 Likes

Bob appears in my logs only twice but both times on 28MHz. Sad I wont get chased by him in the challenge.

Condolences to friends and family. RIP Bob.

1 Like

That is indeed sad news. I enjoyed meeting Bob a few years ago and I will miss hearing his call among the chasers.
RIP Bob.
Gary A. - W0MNA

R.I.P Bob. We will miss having KU4R in our logs on future adventures. Semper Fidelis.

I am so sorry to learn that Bob has passed away. He is in my SOTA activator log 104 times, covering almost 30% of my activations! A great op I always enjoyed working. Condolences to the family. RIP/73 Bob.

Paula k9ir

1 Like

Very sad to see this news…Bob chased me as recently as 12 days ago.
—Jeff KX6I

1 Like

Godspeed, Bob.
Gonna miss hearing you chase.
Gary

I hate to hear this sad news. I’ll miss your faithful call. RIP Bob, and 73.

Andy, N4LAG.

1 Like

Sad news! I never met him personally, but have him in my log book dozens of times. RIP!

de K7UOU 73

Such sad news and a sad day for SOTA. Bob regularly chased me on 100% of my multi-summit days. I always felt bad that I misheard his call in CW every. time. but the way he said “Romeo” helped me pick him out of a SSB pileup. RIP Bob.

Michael, N4DCW

Very sorry to hear the news. Bob was my very first SOTA contact on 2 meters and quickly became my top chaser. He will be greatly missed on all future activations.

Matt, KQ4CCP

Very sad news indeed. Bob was a notable participant in most aspects of amateur radio. He was my top SOTA chaser, and future logs will certainly seem much shorter. RIP Bob. 73 ….

1 Like

This is very sad news. Bob was so great about encouraging me with CW and is my top chaser. I’m glad to have known him for the time that I have.

1 Like

R.I.P. Bob. Enjoyed working you many, many times. Farewell, Gary/KT0A

1 Like

Very sad day when the Sota community looses one of its own. I have Bob twice in my logs, condolences to his family and friends.

73 de VE6JTW, Jesse

Bob will be missed by the SOTA community. He was in my Activator log 52 times. Condolences to his family and friends. 73 Gary W5ODS

1 Like

Will miss Bob from TN. Bob was my fifth top chaser.

1 Like

Bob shows up in my SOTA logs 40 times. He will be missed.

1 Like

My condolences to Bob’s family. He made thousands of contacts with us SOTA activators who instantly recognized his call from his years of participation in the program. Bob will be remembered and missed by the SOTA community. RIP Bob.

1 Like

I’m very sorry to hear of Bob’s passing. I usually start my activations on 60m and Bob was always one of the first in the log. I’ll be leaving a blank line for him now. Gonna miss you Bob. RIP.
Ken, W4KAC

1 Like