KU4R Silent Key

Sad news indeed.

1 Like

Itā€™s in my log tooā€¦

ā€¦such a shame and sad

My condolences to all family and friends

73 Armin

1 Like

KU4R, Bob is in my log 231 times. He always put me over the top when I needed that one additional contact or he was the first contact on my summit. He will be sorely missed in the W4 associations.
I will call KU4R first on my next activation in his honor.

Dean ~ K2JB

6 Likes

Wow! My last activation was near him, W4T/SU-058. He was the first entry in my log on 2m FM. Yes, will be missed.

72 DE Bryan, k0emt

1 Like

I will truly miss his callsign and strong signal.
He was my 6th top chasers.
Condolences to all his friends and family.
Eric VA2EO

2 Likes

Sorry to hear that Bob KU4R is now silent key. My condolences go to his family.

Jimmy M0HGY

1 Like

This is sad news. While I didnā€™t know Bob personally, his call was very familiar to me. I hope his family, friends and those close to him, gather in support for one another in days to come. Thereā€™s nothing quite like remembering a smile shared, and the call KU4R certainly brought a smile to my face on more than a few cold summits.

TU OM 73 . .

2 Likes

This is a big loss for the SOTA community. I could always count on KU4R to be in my log, and he was on almost every activation. I will miss having him in my log. Condolences to his wife and family. RIP Bob.

Vy 73,
Seth N4XTT

1 Like

R.I.P. Bob. My condolences to family & friends.

1 Like

Very Sorry to hear about Bob. He was one of my top chasers. My condolences to his family and friends. Iā€™ll miss his call and Iā€™ll miss him. 73 Bob.

1 Like

A recognizable call that will be missed. RIP Bob.

1 Like

Sorry to hear it. Another familiar call from the pileups. RIP Bob and good
luck in the big pileup in the sky!
John, K6YK

1 Like

I am saddened to hear this news. I had no idea Bob was unwell.
He was there over 200 times for me.
My condolences.
RIP, Bob.
David N6AN

3 Likes

Any activation i did, there was one thing for sure: Bob was going to be thereā€¦ #2 chaser for meā€¦

2 Likes

I am very sorry to hear this. Bob chased me many times and almost always with very strong signal. He was a dedicated and courteous chaser. I hope he rests in peace and for consolation to his family.

Respectfully,
Jonathan ā€œJBā€

3 Likes

RIP BOB! I could always hear his callsign in the background chasing. I actually worked him on one of my activations on 2mtrs. JP/AB4PP

So sad to hear this news. I always enjoyed getting him as my faithful Tennessee contact. I will miss hearing his call.

Ron K6CPR

Such sad news! AE1MS and I will always remember our QSOs with Bob, who was such a kind, gentlemanly soul! RIP, Bob!
AE1JS (Jean) and AE1MS (Mark)

1 Like

Sad indeed.

Bob is in most of my activator logs for the past several years. He was a very consistent chaser, and very good at it.

Iā€™ll miss you Bob.

Carey/George
KX0R

1 Like

Very sad. I had him many, many times in my SOTA log. Chased me while activating in Costa Rica also. RIP OM.