JA SOTA DAY (Part 1)

Hi folks,
I’m sorry I will not be able to be QRV in EU-JA time, because I’ve got a schedule to take my old mother to near-by hospital for covid-19 vaccination(3rd).
I hope we’ll have a good propagation then.

73 and GL

1 Like

I activated SOTA:JA/GM-045 & 049.

I needed to go down the mountain by nightfall, so I closed my SOTA shack at
08:00Z = 17:00J.

I still enjoyed it.

RIG: KX2(MAX 10W)

Ant: Inverted Vee(7mH)

See you On The Air on this Sunday!

de JG0AWE / Hiro WAKA

7 Likes

Hello,
There were many JA spots in Sotawatch this past weekend and I tried to monitor them.
Lots of spots in 14,18 and 21 MHz.
I kept watching either SP or LP to all of them but there was no chance to hear anything at all.

I think trying to get a S2S the next weekend (20 March) at around 7:30 - 8:30 utc time is going to be very difficult: at home that was not possible using my yagi beam, I guess therefore that in the summit with a limited power and antenna things will be worse.

Anyway, I’ll try to participate if weather allows; several rainy days forecasted along this week.

73 de Ignacio

4 Likes

Hi Ignacio
The pass from Japan to Europe was not good this past weekend. It stopped at Germany.
Hope the weather will be better.

De Katsu JP3DGT

Hola Ignacio.
Viendo los datos de la propagación, teóricamente estaríamos muchísimo mejor que el año pasado. Por lo menos en lo que a mí respecta, este año se ha dado todo lo contrario con respecto al 2021 donde muchos europeos me cazaron, incluida España, con excelentes señales. En mi última activación Finlandia y Alemania llegaron extremadamente fuerte, pero después no pude escuchar mucho del resto de Europa.
Ojalá que de ahora en más la realidad se ajuste a lo que el pronóstico de propagación dice.
73!

1 Like

Forcasted MUF for Germany-Japan is around between 14-16 Mhz.
So 18Mhz and 21 Mhz might not work.
But we will see and try … :slight_smile:

Expected peaks in propagation for DL-JP:
8:00 UTC 15m
7:00 UTC 17m
6:00 UTC 20m

73s
Ingo

3 Likes

Hi Ingo.
I will try different bands as the situation changes from time to time.
Last week Japan-Germany had 1 station on 14MHz and 3 stations on 18MHz.
Best regards.

73 De Katsu JP3DGT

2 Likes

Thanks Katsu! Can you please post the time of the Qsos for orientation?
Thanks
Ingo

QSOs data for March 13.

2 Likes

Thank you very much!

73s
Ingo

Here we go.

5 Likes

BIG JA opening into Arizona on 15 Meters…I made 16 JA contacts to fourteen different JA summits…only two JA stations on 17M…one JA on 20M…BEST EVER JAPAN event here from the home QTH. Signals were generally weak…a few S units at times, but very workable on CW. One JA QSO on SSB.

:grinning: :grinning:

Pete
WA7JTM

6 Likes

Great photo Toru :+1:

Geoff vk3sq

1 Like

I worked 4 x JA activators as S2S from VK2/ST-036 Spring Hill. All on 18 MHz. I listened on spotted frequencies on 21 mhz but the local comms installation was issuing s5-7 click noises around 050-070 on that band, unfortunately. One of the JAs increased enough for me to copy, but locals and I think some Americans were much stronger than my signal.
Pleased to make those contacts though.
Earlier I worked some local contacts on 2m and 23cm ssb, then made some contacts on 40m in the last hour of the National Field Day contest.
About 40 contacts in the log.
A fine day with very light winds. Absolutely ideal weather for activating. 28C.

73 Andrew VK1DA/VK2UH

6 Likes

Thanks for the QSO!
73, JP3PPL

1 Like

Thanks for the S2S!
73 de JP3PPL

2 Likes

Hi Andrew, Thanks for S2S.Your signal was solid strong here.

Toru K JA1CTV

1 Like

Hi Pete,
Thanks for your call. Your signal was really 599!

Toru K JA1CTV

1 Like

On this day 20/03/2022 for me 15m was better than 17m today to Japan on CW.
10 QSO on 15m to JA ops and 3 on 17m to JA ops. 2 BX on 15m CW.
1 SSB QSO to JA on 15m and 1 U.S. QSO on CW early in my day before UTC roll over. Now over 10k chaser points this weekend thanks for all the activating.
Ian vk5cz …

5 Likes

Worked 9h here today. PD battery was total flat. LiFr battery also flattened shortly. Thanks all, and see you soon. Now CL.

5 Likes