DL20SOTA

Here is a quick update on DL20SOTA/P (until 02.07.2022 inclusively).

• A total of 3169 QSOs could be made.
  • 68 activations, 62 of them on unique summits by a total of 14 activators.
  • From the association DL, 9 summits (7 regions - AL, AM, BE, CG, BG, MF, WS)
  • From the association DM, 59 summits (6 regions - BM, BW, HE, NS, RP, TH)

The most activations with DL20SOTA/P were done by Armin @DL6GCA with 23 activations and followed by Mario @DJ2MX with 13 activations so far.

Thanks to all (activators and chasers) for participating in and with DL20SOTA/P.

DL20SOTA/P (next alerts)

73 Marcel DM3FAM

4 Likes

Actually, it’s quite a personal thing… my mother will be 85 next week and we have a family reunion next weekend.

But since I’ll be in the area by then, I’ll activate some summits I’ve reached as a chaser (always for Chris @DL1CR) from Monday 11.07. to Friday 15.07. - to make them complete.

These activations I make then as DL20SOTA/P

I plan 3-4 summits per day… but I can’t say yet which ones I will do and when.

On the list are:

DM/NS-092, DM/NS-107, DM/NS-117, DM/NS-121, DM/NS-122, DM/NS-125, DM/NS-126, DM/NS-127, DM/NS-129, DM/NS-135, DM/NS-136, DM/NS-155, DM/NS-156, DM/NS-160, DM/NS-161, DM/NS-177 and maybe DM/NW-135, DM/NW-266.

…maybe there is something for you.

73 Armin

3 Likes

:blush:

today a new region will be activated in the late morning: DM/NW-267 and DM/NW-135

I will update the planned summits every morning at the alerts

73 Armin

4 Likes

Yesterday Armin visited us on our local mountain Bröhn DM/NS-122. There was a big hello and many interesting conversations. After all, that was the first personal contact, but certainly not the last.
Armin, it was a pleasure to meet you!
By the way, he successfully activated the summit.
Uwe, DK8OA and Chris, DL1CR

6 Likes

Here is a quick update on DL20SOTA/P (until 07.08.2022 inclusively).

• A total of 4138 QSOs could be made.
  • 97 activations, 87 of them on unique summits by a total of 14 activators.
  • From the association DL, 15 summits (9 regions - AL, AM, BE, BG, CG, EW, KW, MF, WS)
    → All regions of DL have been activated with DL20SOTA :mountain_snow: :+1:
  • From the association DM, 82 summits (7 regions - BM, BW, HE, NS, NW, RP, TH)

The most activations with DL20SOTA/P were done by Armin @DL6GCA with 44 activations and followed by Mario @DJ2MX with 19 activations so far :+1: The most QSOs were made by Mario DJ2MX :+1:

Thanks to all (activators and chasers) for participating in and with DL20SOTA/P.

Next activities DL20SOTA/P

Short QSL Info. A lot of QSL cards have been received so far. Have a little patience. All will be answered in the coming days and weeks.

73 Marcel DM3FAM

7 Likes

Thanks for providing regular updates, Marcel!
And thanks to all activators for the many opportunities to chase DL20SOTA!
It sure would be nice to add the missing DM regions during the next months :wink:

73, Roman

2 Likes

Here is a quick update on DL20SOTA/P.

• A total of 4882 QSOs could be made.
  • 117 activations, 102 of them on unique summits by a total of 14 activators.
  • From the association DL, 22 summits (9 regions - AL, AM, BE, BG, CG, EW, KW, MF, WS)
    → All regions of DL have been activated with DL20SOTA :mountain_snow: :+1:
  • From the association DM, 95 summits (8 regions - BM, BW, HE, NS, NW, RP, SX, TH)

The most activations with DL20SOTA/P were done by Armin @DL6GCA with 51 activations and followed by Mario @DJ2MX with 26 activations so far :+1: The most QSOs were made by Mario DJ2MX :+1: (1665 :wink:).

Next activities DL20SOTA/P

73 Marcel DM3FAM

7 Likes

It would be nice if the regions SA, SR and ND would be activated as well…

…then DL20SOTA/P would have been heard from all regions of Germany.

73 Armin

4 Likes

Hi Armin and all,

we will be activating DL20SOTA/p from DM/SR-006 (new region for DL20SOTA/p) on Sunday the 6th of November.
This will be the first joint activation of DL20SOTA/p.

Starting around ish 10:00 UTC

• DH5ST on CW (60m,40m,30m,20m,…)
  • DH2ID on SSB (40m,20m,…)

Looking forward for many contacts…

Thanks Armin for the support!

73s
Ingo

5 Likes

Finally chased you guys the other day. Looking forward to sunday!

73 Karlo

1 Like

DL20SOTA/P is in the final spurt … on 28 February 2023 the licence for this callsign ends.

Therefore, I have worked many summits with this callsign in the last time.

Today there was (for me) something special: 2 times a S2S from SOTA special stations:

DL20SOTA/P on DM/BW-228 - VI10SOTA on VK1/AC-043 08:13UT 20m SSB
DL20SOTA/P on DM/BW-156 - SO15TA/P on SP/BZ-049 12:37UT 20m SSB

73 Armin

11 Likes

Hi Armin

Thanks for DL20SOTA yesterday, great to complete a special event callsign to special event callsign summit to summit (SEC S2S) QSO from Mt Stromlo, using VI10SOTA :slightly_smiling_face:

Excellent 20m LP conditions yesterday evening.

Andrew VK1AD

6 Likes

Tomorrow is the last valid day of DL20SOTA.

I am planning a final activation in the afternoon on DM/BW-010 -

A year goes by so fast

73 Armin

5 Likes

Good luck in your last outing, and thanks all member for all the activations so far…
Happy anniversary!

73 Ignacio

5 Likes

Here is a first update on the end of DL20SOTA/P. It is possible that one or the other number may still change.

A total of 6926 QSOs with 161 activations and 129 of them on single summits by a total of 17 activators are the summary of one year DL20SOTA/P. Tahnks again to Armin DL6GCA for initiating this event for the 20th anniversary of SOTA.

From DL association, 29 activations (9 regions were activated - AL, AM, BE, BG, CG, EW, KW, MF, WS from 26 different summits).
→ All regions from DL were activated with DL20SOTA/P :+1:

From DM association, 132 activations (9 regions were activated - BM, BW, HE, NS, NW, RP, SR, SX, TH from 103 different summits).

The most activations were done by Armin DL6GCA, followed by Mario DJ2MX.
The most QSOs were logged by Mario DJ2MX, followed by Armin DL6GCA and Roman DL3TU.

During this time there was also a milestone. Mario DJ2MX worked his 100th SOTA Complete with the DL20SOTA/P activation on DL/MF-072 :+1:

There was another milestone for Armin DL6GCA. He was able to collect his 4th mountain goat during an activation in this time with DL20SOTA/P :+1:

We thank everyone for the many QSOs and the great time!

On behalf of the DL20SOTA/P activators (sorted by callsign).

DD2TC Clemens, DD5LP Ed, DF1AKR Andreas, DH2ID Alex, DH5ST Ingo, DH8WN Ludwig, DJ2MX Mario, DK8OA Uwe, DL1CR Chris, DL1GKC Chris, DL2AAW Peter, DL3TU Roman, DL4TO Gerhard, DL6FBK Paul, DL6GCA Armin, DL8DXL Fred, DM3FAM Marcel

73 :beers:

15 Likes

Dear Marcel @DM3FAM

Many thanks for your elaboration :smiley: :+1:

73 Armin

1 Like

Thanks Marcel for putting together the facts around DL20SOTA :+1:
And thanks Armin @DL6GCA for obtaining call sign and license :+1:

Amazing what emerged from the original idea! I’m glad I could be part of the fun :beers:

73, Roman

4 Likes

Many thanks to DL20SOTA team for all QSOs completed :beers:

73, Jarek

2 Likes

Thanks Armin @DL6GCA for organising DL20SOTA and for my chance to use a special call sign from summits. It was a great pleasure!

Thanks Marcel @DM3FAM for the statistic information.

73, Ludwig

3 Likes