Andre Saunders GM3VLB SOTA Award: Oustanding Achievement

I have already written about the Andre Saunders GM3VLB SOTA Award and the winners for 2023, see the links below. As explained the award is the result of a legacy left to my radio club (Lothians Radio Society) by former member, Andre, to promote amateur radio operation from the Scottish Islands, something he was passionate about.

Last night, the committee that manages this award met to consider something that we all considered was a specific outstanding achievement and decided a special award was merited. What impressed us was Colwyn MM0YCJ’s activations of 2 of the St. Kilda archipelagos more difficult island summits. These two activations were way beyond what we ever expected to see and you can read about the activations here: St Kilda Islands GM/SI-122 (Soay) and GM/SI-118 (Boreray) .

Along with the 2023 winners, Ben GW4BML and Paul G4IPB, we will be awarding a quaich like the one pictured and specially engraved to Colwyn MM0YCJ @MM0YCJ.

Please join me in congratulating Colwyn.

Andre Saunders GM3VLB SOTA Award results 2023

Andre Saunders GM3VLB SOTA Award results 2022

Andre Saunders GM3VLB SOTA Island Award

16 Likes

Well Done Colwyn - well deserved!
73 Ed DD5LP.

1 Like

Congratulations Colwyn.

73 Richard

1 Like

Congratulations Colwyn :+1:

73, Ben
GW4BML

1 Like

Well done to Colwyn MM0YCJ for those splendid activations!

1 Like

Congratulations Colwyn on achieving this award.

Jimmy M0HGY

1 Like

“Well Done” somehow does not seem quite good enough for such an amazing activation, two summits that seemed inaccessible activated! A very well deserved award. 73. Paul

1 Like

Thanks Andy,

thanks for the amazing news about the award quaich and thanks to everyone for their good wishes. This is a great surprise and please pass on my thanks to the committee that manages the Andre Saunders GM3VLB SOTA Award.

The activation of the two St. Kilda islands GM/SI-122 (Soay) and GM/SI-118 (Boreray) was pretty special and I am very grateful.

Thanks again

MM0YCJ