Andre Saunders GM3VLB SOTA Award results 2023

Andre Saunders GM3VLB was a keen island activator. On his death he left a legacy to my radio club (Lothians Radio Society) which was to be used to promote radio activity from Scottish Islands.

This is the second year the award has been running and the 2023 winners are now available.

First place goes to Ben Lloyd GW4BML who activated 12 GM/SI summits in 2023
Second place goes to Paul Hodgkinson G4IPB who activated 10 GM/SI summits in 2023

A total of 22 different people were active from GM/SI in 2023 and special mention goes to Gus, W9SSN as the activator who was activator farthest from home.

Both Ben and Paul will receive receive a commemorative Quaich and engraved plinth to keep. More details to follow.

The award is running again in 2024 from January 1st to December 31st.

You can read about the rules here.

Please note that this is an award run by the Lothians Radio Society with the approval of the SOTA MT.

12 Likes

Thank You Andy for this information, Very interesting. Many years ago I collected IOTA. Several of them Scottish Islands. Best Wishes to Ben GW4BML, Also to Paul Hodgkinson G4IPB. 73 de Paul M0CQE.

1 Like

Awesome! Can’t wait to be back!

1 Like

Congratulations to Ben, Paul and Gus👍

73 Allan

3 Likes

Thank you very much Andy @MM0FMF - that was a lovely surprise this evening :grinning:

73, Ben
GW4BML

4 Likes

Well done Ben and Paul. There’s something special about activating island summits with the sea close by, sometimes visible the whole 360 degrees. I’m hoping to get back up to Mull sometime and also activate a few on Skye, both with 200% approval of the XYL. :grinning:

73, Gerald

2 Likes

Thank you very much Paul - thanks for the support along the way too :grinning:

Thanks Allan - I believe you are in most of those logs :grinning: thanks for the support!

Thanks Gerald - I haven’t looked at the stats, but if you haven’t been there, I thoroughly encourage you to go and activate on the island of Lewis and Harris - what a place :grinning:

Thanks all, 73, Ben
GW4BML

3 Likes