Soft Saisie SOTA

In reply to F6HBI:
Hello Gerald,

This evening I was speaking with Williams sister. William is in an hospital.
He is there for nearly a month. He is on the intensive care. “Aneurysma” He have to stay much longer in the hospital. Thats not good news. Hopely he comes back on the band.

Sake

In reply to PA0SKP:
Thanks Sake for the info.
William miss me. I knew something was wrong…
I Hope He will come back on 10.122mhz soon.
Gerald F6HBI/P

Hi Alain,

I have used Saisie to transfer my handwritten log into a cvs file and upload to the SOTA database for the last three activations.

I noticed a new feature today, which was not so obvious to me: When the file contains S2S QSO’s one can upload the activator log and then the same file in a second upload as a chaser log. Only the S2S QSO get uploaded and they appear correctly as S2S QSO in the database. I used to manually enter S2S QSOs until now. What a waste of time that was!

Thanks for sharing, Heinz, OE5EEP

In reply to OE5EEP:

The V2 format was developed to allow S2S upload. You can mix activations, chases and S2S QSOs in the same file and then import it twice. The fact you have to import it twice, once for activations and once for chases is a legacy of how the original code was structured. One day that will changed so only a single import will be needed.

Andy
MM0FMF

1 Like

In reply to ALL:
Hello dear friends,
I’m just able to read your posts today.
My mother passed last thursday, and you can imagine that I was not “in the mood”.
To avoid thinking too much, I spent some hours to improve the program; Thomas DL8DBW tested it on his tablet from a summit and found that some improvement could be done on the “zoom” window (the one you may use when in high light).
So I just put a V8.9 version on line; starting an old version, you should get a message saying that the new version will be downloaded and run.
So, don’t hesitate to tell me if you have other problems or if you think that any improvement can be done.
Best 73
Alain F6ENO

Hello dear friends

To update to Version 8.10 you MUST install the all package from:
http://www.sota-france.fr/pages/programmes/Saisie_SOTA_setup.zip

The following versions should update from the program
Sorry
73 Alain F6ENO

In reply to F6ENO:
Dear Alain,
My condolences for your mother death.
Best 73 de Guru - EA2IF (and AM02IF these days while on vacations)

In reply to F6ENO:
Dear Alain,
My condolences for your mother death.
Best 73 de Guru - EA2IF (and AM02IF these days while on vacations)

In reply to EA2IF:
Thanks Guru

73 Alain

In reply to F6ENO:
Dear Alain,
I have finally used your great program after my last 2 activations while I’m still on vacation at EA1/CR área.
I write to say that I find this program very helpful and it’s going to save a lot of time to all SOTA activators using it.
Thanks a lot.
Best 73 de Guru - EA2IF

Dear Alain,
I’ve been using your Saisie_SOTA program for some time and there’s a bug I need to mention. I haven’t seen anyone raising this problem so far, and I fear there may have something to do with my version of windows.
The problem is:
When I enter QSOs made at times between 00:00 and 09:59 the times look OK when written in the data input window but they change to a wrong format when seen in the log window after cliking ENTER on the data input window.
This is how they look:

Then I must manually correct each and every time to be able to save the log for any further use like upload to the SOTA database or to my Logger32 program.
This is how the log looks after the manual correction. At this point the log can be saved and then used for uploading.

Do you have any ideas of why this is happenning to me?
I’m using and old Pentium 4 laptop with Windows XP Professional.
Thanks in advance and best 73 de Guru - EA2IF

Hoi Guru,

I had the same problem. So I went back to 6.7 version.
I know the problems of 6.7( time before 4 digits) so this program work perfect fot me
Thanks.

But the new versions have oher problems with the time 2x ::

So a wait fot the perfect one!

73 Sake

Hello Guru and Sake
Yes, there is a bug I’m trying to correct.
Elliott K6EL has also a time problem with US 12/24 H format;
A new version is coming soon…
Thanks for your comments
73 Alain F6ENO

I had been using 24 hour time to make Saisie work on Windows 7 in the USA, but Alain sent me a beta Monday and it works perfectly now on 12 hour time. Still version 9.1, so far, but altered.

Elliott, K6EL

Hi friends
The V9.2 is on line now. Some bugs fixed as well as the time format.
This version should be automatically updated by an older version; if not, you will find the soft here:
http://www.sota-france.fr/pages/programmes/Saisie_SOTA_setup.zip

73 Alain F6ENO

Hello Alain

Thank you for the update to V9.2. The auto update worked for me as soon as I opened up Soft Saisie SOTA. Thank you for this time saving program.

73 Phil

Dear Alain,

Sorry but for me V9.2 is not yet the perfect one.

I can’t store the programme.

See whats happen when i close the programme:

‘9’, n’est pas une valeur entiere, correcte … ?

Every thing is ok??

Only with cnl alt del. I can ended the program

Sri

Sake, PA0SKP

Hi Sake and all Saisie SOTA software users.
After the last software upgrade I have still experienced a problem with the times starting by zero (0)
The wrong format the time was converted to on the previous version is not exactly the same now on the latest versions, but it’s still wrong.
When you enter 07:45, it went like 7:45: to the log window with the previous version and now it goes like 7:45 now with the latest version.
But it’s still wrong format and the program rises an error when you try to save the file for uploading purposes. The error mentionned by Sake.
If you manually correct the time format from 7:45 to 07:45, everything goes well afterwards.
It’s just a problem with the missing 0 at the beginning.
Best 73 de Guru - EA2IF

Hi Alain, (and Guru)
Tks for your mail. I change the time/date setting via config panel in:
dd/mm/yyyy and now i can save the file.

After that I chance also the time setting (long) in UU:mm:ss

It works !!! (save and upload)
Tks for yr help!!

Best 73 ,Sake

I use Windows 7.

The newer version 9.4 works finally OK!
Problem solved. Thanks Alain.
Best 73 de Guru - EA2IF