Soft Saisie SOTA

Dear friends
You will find here:
http://www.sota-france.fr/pages/programmes/Saisie_SOTA_V8_2_setup.zip
a new version of Saisie_SOTA, with some improvements.
For those who don’t know this soft, it is useful when an activator comes back from an expedition on a summit; we often log our QSO on paper and then copy them on a log, a fastidious operation; if you think, like me, that time is money, Saisie SOTA will help you.
The main improvement is an auto update of the program.
An help is available in french, english and you may write your own help in your language, starting with the english version.
Many friends have spent their time to test this version; a big thank you to Gerald F6HBI, Alain F5RUJ, André F5UKL, Jirka OK1DDQ, Marek OK1BIL, and may be some others.
Feedbacks are welcome
Best 73
Alain F6ENO

In reply to F6ENO:
Good Morning Alain,

Magnifique!

I did not know about this excellent software you had…it slipped under my radar. I just done a quick test - what a time saver. I will be using the programme today to enter QSO data from my recent trip to Germany…then into Logger32 and then into the SOTA database.

Thanks again (as well as for “my friend” ADI2SOTA) - Soft Saisie complements it’s friend very well.

Enjoy Le Tour in Reims this week and drink plenty of champagne. I am looking forward to stage 5 myself, a bigger taste of the cobbled roads than the boys had on the Grande Departe here in Yorkshire.

73 Phil G4OBK

In reply to G4OBK:
Hi Phil
It was very nice to see the English countryside, especially in your area!
Now I have an idea about the roads and hills over there
And in 2 days, you will see Reims, the biggest town near my little village which is located in the champagne vineyard
Thanks for your comments about the soft; try it for your DL activity.
I’m also a Logger32 user and i wrote some plugins for my club UFT; may be one day for SOTA ?
Best 73 and CU soon from a summit
Alain F6ENO

Merci beaucoup!
This really is a very nice and useful software - I have been using
ADI2SOTA for a long time.
VY 73 Martin DF3MC

In reply to F6ENO:

Cher Alain,
c’est vraiment super et un grand soulagement plutôt!
Je te remercie beaucoup pour l´excellent travail.
Meilleurs salutations et à bientôt.
Vy73 UFT/QRO
Fritz HB9CSA / DL4FDM

In reply to F6ENO:
Dear Alain,
After clicking on the link you informed, this is the message I’ve got:

Not Found

The requested URL /pages/programmes/Saisie_SOTA_V8_2_setup.zip was not found on this server.

I copied and pasted the path on my web browser but I got the same result.
Have you changed your application Saisie_SOTA to some other place?
Thank you and best 73 de Guru - EA2IF

In reply to EA2IF:
Hello Guru,
The name of the version changed, so just clic there:
http://www.sota-france.fr/pages/programmes/Saisie_SOTA_V8_6_setup.zip
or go to:
http://www.sota-france.fr/pages/telechargements/telechargements.php
and select the soft you want to download.
73 Gerald F6HBI

In reply to F6HBI:
Thank you Gerald,
Now it worked fine and the program’s got successfully downloaded and installed.
It looks very fine and I’ll try it ASAP.
Best 73 de Guru - EA2IF

In reply to ALL:
Dear friends
Many thanks for your replies
Now I changed the link so that there is no more problem with the version number.
The better link has been given by Gerald:
http://www.sota-france.fr/pages/telechargements/telechargements.php
then choose the program.

I had problems with the automatic update, because Windows puts the filename in his cache; so I had to erase the old file in the W cache before downloading the new file;

Best 73 to all
Alain F6ENO

Alain,

Considering that SOTA is international - could you do an English translation of your SOTA related web pages please?

Colin G8TMV

In reply to G8TMV:

Hi Colin

I thought most browsers did that automatically these days. Chrome detects the language and asks if you want it translated. It makes a pretty good job of it too.

73 Richard G3CWI

In reply to G8TMV:

Considering that SOTA is international - could you do an English
translation of your SOTA related web pages please?

Hi Colin,
The pages SOTA FRANCE are in French because there are just a translation of the SOTA UK pages (rules, awards, explanations…)
The only page that should need to be translated is the one with the software.

73 from Gerald F6HBI

In reply to F6HBI:

The only page that should need to be translated is the one with the
software.

That is the one I was requesting :slight_smile:

Colin G8TMV

In reply to G8TMV:
Might I ask why being int’nal the pages must be translated only into english and not into other languages?. Non english speakers have to make the effort to “work” on the only-english sota official environment -policy which I respect…
But also in sota france??? come on!
With respect,
Mikel
n.b. please look at www.euskalmendiak.eu is that ok for you?

In reply to EA2CW:

Might I ask why being int’nal the pages must be translated only into
english and not into other languages?

Of course the more translations the better. I only mentioned English because it does seem to be the international language of Ham Radio.

n.b. please look at www.euskalmendiak.eu is that ok for you?

That is excellent! Well done.

Colin G8TMV

In reply to EA2CW:
Mikel, you bring up a very valid point and one which has caused some concern to the MT in recent times. It would be advantageous for much of the SOTA information to be provided in French, German and Spanish (at least) fo the benefit of all participants. The big problem is that most of the MT suffer from the British disease - we lack language skills.

I feel (my personal opinion) that we now need to address this and certainly make the essential information (on all the main SOTA sites) available in a range of languages - we just need volunteers, who can show definite skill in their translation abilities (and have the time), to undertake the task.

Any offers? Perhaps a response off-reflector would be more appropriate, I am happy to coordinate the many offers which will now flood in!

Barry GM4TOE

In reply to F6ENO:
Dear Alain,
Thank you for your “new” program. I used 6.7 all the time. The bug was the time before 10.00 (4 digits) But i know that and managed it!

Your update (8.8) have an other problem. I could not quit the programme, "7 02 n’est pas une valeure entiere! But i did not have import this time!! With contr alt del i finish the program without losing data.
A little bug?

Tks for yr work!! Tks fr the program i used now more than a year.

73 Sake

PA0SKP

Just used this software for the very first time. Worked flawlessly and makes corrections to previously entered QSO lines simple.

Thanks for sharing this software!

Heinz, OE5EEP

In reply to PA0SKP:

Your update (8.8) have an other problem. I could not quit the
programme, "7 02 n’est pas une valeure entiere! But i did not have
import this time!! With contr alt del i finish the program without
losing data.
A little bug?

Hello Sake,
Alain cannot answer yet, because he is out for a week.
Here I can quit the V 8.8 without problem. Using Windows 7.
May be you can download and re-install the Version 8.8 to solve the problem.

Another question:
I am worried about William PA0WLB. No news since 16/06/2014, no more GSM SMS, no mail answer. do you have an info?
Gerald

In reply to F6HBI:
Hello Gerald,

Thank you for your response. I will re-install V 8.8 (and remove older versions)

I do not have info about William. I Phoned him, but he is not at home. Hopely he is only on a holiday. I wil phone him again tonight.

Sake