What is your means of transportation ? - 2nd edition

…said him good bye today …

Will let you know about the next :wink:

73, Jarek

3 Likes

Actual one :wink:

73, Jarek

4 Likes

S-Cross - good steady car - bought this one 5 years ago, in red but not metallic. Bought secondhand it was 2015 model diesel manual 6 speed all grip (4X4) model. Leather seats etc etc. We needed an estate car for more space, so we sold it on after almost two years. Historical photos Jarek:

She was a very economical car. Now I drive a petrol car, diesels are starting to go out of favour now in the UK. They cannot be beaten for economy though, and our S-Cross always returned over 60 mpg .

73 Phil

4 Likes

Yes Phil, diesels are my love, I had three previous cars diesels but unfortunately this time with reasonable configuration (all grip + automatic 6 speed) and price (my S-Cross is also second hand one, 2019 year) I found only petrol powered model.
Anyway I am very happy with it :wink:

73, Jarek

2 Likes

No update here :frowning:
So, I will do one :wink:

Photos taken today :wink:

73, Jarek

4 Likes

I got this with SOTA in mind. It’s not my daily driver, however.

4 Likes

After 15 years, this lady moved on to pastures new with 292,000 miles (467,200 km) on the clock. Original engine, gearbox, clutch and exhaust. Over the years the Quattro provided the ability to drive down roads covered with snow and ice and park on some pretty awful parking spots which was a great help for activating. I now have a vehicle which provides me with greater comfort. Whether it will prove to be as good for SOTA remains to be seen.

Additional note: the Aberdeen plate has been worth a few Brownie points when activating up in Scotland. No such protection with the new motor. :hushed:

5 Likes

Last weeks transportation to Spartleton hill GM/SS-182.

This weeks transport to Dirrington Great law GM/SS-225 just down the road but below freezing so all the water running across the road is now ice !

Andy
MM7MOX

3 Likes

6 month old Kia Sportage, photo taken yesterday whilst parked for G/NP-010. Needs a good wash! (Odometer is already in 5 digits!)

2 Likes

Sometimes! MRS Microraft

6 Likes

When I’m really lucky!

12 Likes

And even a couple of times (Southern Winds):

5 Likes

My Daily and Sota wheels is a 2018 Ford F350 Diesel. And That was the forest fire smoke over the summer.

4 Likes

A 2013 Jeep Compass, which my partner and I often sleep in at the base of mountains before summits. Its a manual transmission, almost extinct in the US but so much more enjoyable to drive.

4 Likes

Until I read that I was admiring how clean it looks!

2 Likes

A couple of alternative suggestions for the more adventurous sort:

• Dung-Powered Laser Pogo-Stick - readily available sources of fuel, light your way as you go.
  • Moonbeam-Surfboard - just pick your favourite glittery moonbeam, and follow it down to your favourite summit. Extra sparkles guaranteed!
  • Deep tunneling - hire or purchase a tunneling machine to get to your summit in a rather more unconventional way - become THE topic of conversation in your local SOTA’ists club for months. Just be sure to aim off from the summit a few meters to satisfy SOTA regulations about powered vehicles and the like.
  • Parachute in from a high balloon, or - surely much more exciting - get transported up to the ISS as a paying passenger, jump out at the right time and plummet/aim for that high summit. There’ll be extra points for crossing the Karman line on your way down, make no mistake!

Just my $0.02…

2 Likes

That would take about 2 years for your orbit to decay enough for you to reach Earth’s surface. Make sure you pack enough Kendal mint cake/Welshcakes/Deep fried Mars Bars/Fifteens for the journey.

3 Likes

Yeah, but you’ve just got to jump hard backwards, against the direction of travel of the ISS, and that should get you down a lot sooner. Take a deep breath and you’ll be down before you know it. Mind you, if they have deep-fried Mars Bars up there, I’d want to stay in orbit…

1 Like

Only 28,000 km/h.

Ach, the speeds are all relative anyways - when you’re up there, you don’t notice 'em at all. Good boots will get you down, no problem.