Weekend SOTA Brasil

Hi guys!

Here in the other side of the world (South Hemisphere :slight_smile: SOTA is growing steadly in Argentina, Brazil, Chile and Uruguay. Particulary in Brazil the community is getting bigger and bigger as new Brazilian Associations are being created.

Result is that we are having 3 to 4 activations every weekend (instead of 1 or 2 per month like some months ago) and the number of recurrent chasers are growing as well.
So we decided to make the SOTA Brasil Weekend in July to widespread more and more the programm in our country.

And all you guys are invited, as you can participate as chasers and swlisteners!

Here you have more information about it: http://sotabrasil.com.br/home/weekend and very soon we will have an English translation of that page.

73!

16 Likes

Hi Douglas,
Wishing your SOTA weekend every success. Looks to be well organised and if your enthusiasm is any measure, you’ll recruit lots of extra SOTA activators and chasers.
I viewed the page using Chrome and it translated the page to English, mostly, which clarified what I couldn’t understand already. Having some knowledge of Spanish was helpful!
Good luck, hope the weather is good for the weekend.
73 Andrew VK1DA/VK2UH

2 Likes

An Summit to Summit would be nice from Europe.

1 Like

Douglas @PY1II, it may be worth trying 12m & 10m bands. There’s still plenty of SpE propagation on those in July and it may make it easier to get contacts in to Europe etc.

2 Likes

Hi Andrew, Our community over here is really increasing. Unfortunately most activators do only VHF, but some managed to make some QSOs with Europe and USA, so if propagation helps, we will have some chances of having you guys as chasers.

Yeah! Google is a great help. Nevertheless we will prepare a English translation at least to the Event Page, so everyone can read that everybody can participate as chaser and SWL in our event.

73!

1 Like

We would be very, very happy if we can achieve such a S2S!

2 Likes

Good call. I’ll use a end Fed so I’ll try these bands as well. Hopefully propagation helps us.

73!

1 Like

Hi guys! Next weekend we will have our first SOTA Weekend overhere in Brazil, as you already know. I think we will have more operators than expected two months ago. Some of them will operate HF as well, so we hope contact you guys outside our country!
Take a look at the specific rules of our event (now in English as well): http://sotabrasil.com.br/home/bsw2021

4 Likes

My son did this picture to publicize the event. :slight_smile:

11 Likes

Douglas,
W to PY should do well on 20 and 17Meters in the afternoon.
I’ll be listening.
All Best, Ken K6HPX

1 Like

Good picture Douglas. However, it looks as though you are following the well-known SOTA principles - you’ve forgotten your radio! :wink:

Good luck with your first SOTA weekend. I will certainly listen, though I suspect I’ll have more hope than success.

2 Likes

:sweat_smile: :rofl: :joy:
it’s a small HT in the back pocket of the pants…
Hopefully propagation helps us during the weekend!

2 Likes

Douglas, someone has been doing good publicity. I have seen 12 stations from Brazil and Chile sign up just today (Friday 16-july) and there have been more signing up over the last few days.

I hope the WX and propagation is good for everyone planning on activating in South America this weekend.

3 Likes

Hi Andy! Yeah, we are trying to widespread the news about SOTA overhere! :wink:
The weekend event it self was great!
Will soon give some more information about it!