W7A 10-Point S2S Madness Event OCT 7, 2023

The Annual W7A 10-Point s2s Madness Event is coming up, October 7, 2023

We typically have ** up to 35 operators on 25 unique Arizona 10-point summits** the morning of October 7th 2023 participating in the s2s Madness event.

So it s a great day for DX chasers and Activators to rack up the points!

Check the SOTAwatch3 ALERTS page for details on who is on what peak, as stations will post their plans there.

As usual this is going to truly be Madness!

Hope to see u in the Madness!

Pete
WA7JTM

W7A AM

12 Likes

Pete,
That will coincide with the W2 Fall Campout being held in New York’s Adirondack Mountains W2/GA region. Hopefully an opportunity for some cross-country s2s.
Stay well & 73!
Mike, WB2FUV

5 Likes

COOL!

Looking FWD to working u all on the East Coast this year.

Pete
WA7JTM

1 Like

We’re two weeks away. Getting excited!!

19 alerts up so far . . .
Charlie NJ7V

2 Likes

It’s going to be a good one this year for sure…

I expect the number of W7A Madness Ops to increase this week…

Let’s see if anyone breaks 500 s2s points in one day this year…we have achieved 400 points in past events…

C U all on top!

Pete
WA7JTM
W7A Association Manager

3 Likes

W7A S2S 10-POINT Madness is one week away, October 7th 2023.

As of Sept 30th we have 22 operators planning to be on Arizona TEN point summits that day…this number will likely increase by October 7th!

So get ready for the Arizona 10-Pointers next Saturday. Madness…pure madness…

Pete
WA7JTM
W7A AM

1 Like

I will be on summit in VE6 land if all goes to plan, and will try for as many s2s contacts as I can, with my short time frame for 2 summits.

73 de VE6JTW

2 Likes

Looks like the W2 Fall Campout and the Autumn SOTA Lake District Weekend in England both coincide with our 10-Point Madness event. There will be a BUNCH of people on summit this Saturday. In addition to the folks participating in W7A and W2 land and the Lake District, we have a few from CA, WA, NV, WI and Canada. Looks like over 30 on summit at the same time! This weekend is going to be epic!!
Charlie NJ7V

2 Likes

Also, one at least from NC: N4LAG.

Andy, N4LAG

1 Like

Capture

Here is a list of the s2s madness stations so far…24 different Arizona 10-point Summits.

Pete
WA7JTM

3 Likes

K7UOU has changed summits for the s2s 10-Point Madness Event. He will now be activating W7A/AW-009 (Pinal Mtn).

Pete
WA7JTM

1 Like

Great event - and great that 10m was so beautifully open! I took down my antenna at the last light of day.

I’ll be there again next year

73 Armin

4 Likes

I had decided to check one of my favourite winter operating spots and just before sunset I was able to chase Arizona and Argentina on 10m, an unexpected surprise, hopefully a sign of more things to come.

NJ7V during the pile-up

My station:

2 Likes

Was great to get you in the log S2S! TU

2 Likes

Thank you W7A people. That was really fun. 73 Eric KG6MZS

2 Likes

Hello all W7A S2S Madness Fans!!

I AM WORKING ON THE S2S MADNESS SUMMARY NOW.

The conditions on HF to Europe were VERY GOOD with lots of EU stations (and Many EU s2s contacts) in the logs.

Thanks to all who joined in the fun, and especially to all of the CHASERS!!!

I will post A SUMMARY of the results here at some point in time.

Pete
WA7JTM

3 Likes

What a great year for the W7A S2S Madness! It was BY FAR the best WX here in W7W that we have had for this event. It was basically a summer day with blue skies and comfortable temps on our summit in central WA. For reference, here was our 2019 activation where we had below freezing temps / got snowed on / needed microspikes due to icy trail condx.

This year we worked 54 S2S, 51 unique summits, and 13 W7A summits. Pretty good haul! We also had S2S contacts with Japan, and worked a bunch of DX. The bands were great!

One of these years I will be on one of those 10 point W7A summits for this party :star_struck:

3 Likes

AC1Z-Enjoyed SOTA chasing during the S2S Madness Event making 85 Chaser contacts including 19 contacts with W7A Activators thanks to Pete WA7JTM the W7A Assoc. Manager for organizing the W7A 10 Point Madness event! Also made 26 DX SOTA chases with good band conditions especially on 10 meters.

2 Likes