W4 SOTA Campout Spring 2022

Location: Middle Creek Campground, Buchanan, VA - https://middlecreekcampground.com/
When: Thursday, April 28th - Monday, May 2nd 2022

Next year’s campout will be near Roanoke, VA at the Middle Creek Campground again. The campground is conveniently located near Interstate 81, the Appalachian Trail and the Blue Ridge Parkway. There is a very nice summit on the AT with a trailhead less than two miles from camp. In addition to a lot of popular SOTA summits, there are a large number of rarely and never activated summits in the area. Please post up here if you plan on attending and send me a PM if you want to be added to our W4 campouts mailing list.

I have already booked the group campsite and there is room for 3 or four more tents on that site. We had most of the tent sites booked this year (60-65) which worked out well.

73, pat - ki4svm

6 Likes

I’m going to attempt to attend. Will be tent camping.

Jack
NG2E

2 Likes

I look forward to meeting you there. 73, Andy, N4LAG

1 Like

Interested, just picked up a teardrop camper and getting it set up like i want.
Mike KC5BG

4 Likes

Hi Mike,

I hope that you can make it. I guarantee you will have a good time!

It will be that time of year before we know it!

73, pat - ki4svm

1 Like

Kathy and I will be there. Campsite #70.
We’ll also be at Grayson Highlands for several days after the campout.

Dean ~ K2JB

1 Like

Jeanette and me too. #61.
Scott kw4jm

2 Likes

I’ll be there! Tent camping at the group site.

Looking forward to seeing everyone!

Scott KW4JM, can I pitch my tent at your site?

Ariel NY4G

If there is room at the group site, put me down.
Ryan - WG4I

Here’s what I have so far for campsites. Please let me know if I have missed anyone.

Campsite Activators
G64 Pat-KI4SVM, Paula-K9IR,Michael-N4DCW,Paul-N1ZF,Patrick-NE2P,Ryan-WG4I
60 Andy-N4LAG and Debbie
61 Scott-KW4JM and Jeanette
63 Al-N4EII
65 Ariel-NY4G
70 Dean-K2JB and Kathy
1 Like

Interested, I should have this cast off of my leg well before then :-\ 24’ Camper.

K9EZ

2 Likes

If anyone needs a ride or like to car pool from the Atlanta area let me know. It is a 7 hour drive from Atlanta.
Ryan - WG4I

Yea add me to the mailing list, I probably won’t be able to camp out but I will surely be activating for a day or two in the area depending on where my days off fall (currently thursday and friday but this could change).

Dave,
K2CZH

2 Likes

Will be keeping an ear out for you!

Signed up for campground, space 71. Will be there with my wife, K9GAL. Hope to get her up on a summit or two with the handheld.

2 Likes

Updated campsite list

Campsite Activators
G64 Pat-KI4SVM, Paula-K9IR,Michael-N4DCW,Paul-N1ZF,Patrick-NE2P,Ryan-WG4I
57 Ron-NR3E and Liz-K1LIZ
60 Andy-N4LAG and Debbie
61 Scott-KW4JM and Jeanette
63 Al-N4EII
65 Ariel-NY4G
70 Dean-K2JB and Kathy
71 Bruce-K9OZ and Mary-K9GAL

Liz and I are coming. We could not get an RV site near the tents so we had to settle for one across the road. We chose 57 because it is next to the woods so we can take the dog out, but they don’t guarantee site numbers unless you pay an extra fee.

Ron and Liz,
NR3E and K1LIZ

1 Like

That is such a weird policy and I hope that doesn’t happen. Then again, if you tell them that you are part of our group they might move y’all to a RV site closer to us? :rofl:

73, pat - ki4svm

1 Like

Wow! We are less than three weeks away from the spring campout! I plan on taking it pretty easy as far as hiking this year, but it will be great to hang out around the campfire with everyone. See y’all at Middle Creek Campground!

73, pat - ki4svm

1 Like