W4 SOTA Campout Spring 2022

Looking forward to it! I’ll be making the most of being close to some 8- and 10-pointers, but also can’t wait to see everyone again!

Also, for the beer lovers among you, I’m planning a special surprise.

1 Like

I will take you up on the surprise and bring one of my own… I brew so I will bring some of my brew to share.
Ryan - WG4I

1 Like

Both of you guys are bringing my favorite beer…FREE!

1 Like

Nice! We’ll then yes that’s my surprise too, haha! I wrote a new recipe and brewed it yesterday. Looking forward to having y’all enjoy the “W4 SOTA IPA” dry hopped with Mosiac, Citra, and Enigma.

2 Likes

Yum, that sounds delicious… Might have to cut back on activating so I can spend more time drinking at camp!

Alanna and I have a camper van this year…no more tent camping for us old dogs :slight_smile:
Will be in slot 62. Won’t get up til Friday PM, but staying thru Monday AM>
Bob K4RLC

2 Likes

Introducing the SOT(IP)A, available exclusively at the W4 Campout potluck dinner next weekend!

Style: Hazy IPA
ABV: 6.9%
IBUs: 21
Notes: This beer tastes like you just activated a 10-point SOTA summit, gaining a Complete, a few S2S’s, a successful field repair of your battery’s Powerpole connector that you probably should have checked at home but didn’t because you were overconfident. The slightly fruity aroma of this beer combined with the smell of a campfire and conversations with a few Mountain Goats will spur an idea for your next activation!

3 Likes

Looks to be great weather there today and hopefully tomorrow will be good.
Good luck!
73 Gary

Thank you Pat KI4SVM for organizing another great W4 campout at Middle Creek Campground in Virginia. The activations and S2Ss were great fun and the Pot Luck Feast Saturday night was the best yet. Much thanks to Pat and all the participants.
Scott kw4jm

2 Likes