VK2IO - 10k S2S Milestone

Congratulations to Gerard @VK2IO on achieving the 10k S2S milestone. Having only two SY summits in the Sydney region, Gerard has travelled many thousands of km to achieve his SOTA goals.

Amongst the 10k S2S points will be an equally impressive CW score.

Well done Gerard! :wink:

73, Andrew VK1AD

24 Likes

Well done Gerard vk2io, great effort and achievement. :clap:

cheers to you Gerard :beers:

Geoff vk3sq

1 Like

Congrats on the milestone @VK2IO

Congratulations Gerard.
Great effort for sure with SOTA and VKFF activating.
Regards.
Ian vk5cz…

Well done Gerard,
That amount of S2S is quite an achievement and reflects the amount of time you give to both SOTA and WWFF.

73, Warren vk3byd

That is a lot of travelling, well done Gerard.

73’s Wal VK2WP

Congratulations, Gerald!
I am happy to have provided my “two cents worth” with S2S QSOs in 2021 and 2023.
Here’s to many more!
72, David N6AN (VK6OH for several months in 1975.)

1 Like

Congratulations on this achievement!

Unfortunately there aren’t that many chasers from VK who are active on CW. With Gerard I had the only QSO to VK at some of my activations… Thanks for that too!

73 Armin

2 Likes

Congratulations Gerard. In recent years I have activated with David VK3KR, and we sometimes say, ‘it’s not a proper activation if we didn’t work Gerard!’

Thanks also for being my my #1 chaser, and for keeping me sane during COVID lockdowns when we would briefly work most mornings, 7032 CW.

3 Likes

Congrats Gerard @VK2IO , well deserved milestone. Looking forward to many more S2S with you.
73, Geoff ZL3GA

Well done Gerard that is outstanding! I’ve always enjoyed our numerous QSOs across the ditch.

Mark ZL3AB

Congratulations! And thanks for helping me get to 10K S2S. I suspect I didn’t have to travel as far as you.

Nice one, Martin 2E0BIA!

1 Like

Thanks for all your kind comments.
It has taken almost ten years to reach this milestone.
I especially enjoy activating on 1st Jan every year as it is always a S2S-fest and really boosts the S2S score along.
Thanks to all the other SOTA activators who make it possible!

Cheers, Gerard - VK2IO

3 Likes

Congrats Gerard, well done and well deserved. de W6LEN / Jess