Video: OE5JFE on Hoch Tenn OE/OO-348

Hello everyone,

Not my first hike but my first video after the lockdown. Join me on a hike along the creek Rindbach up to the high pasture area Tenn Alm with the Hoch Tenn OE/OO-348 summit just nearby.
The area is famous for the cave Gasselhöhle and the former SOTA Summit Gasselkogel.

Parking at Parking place Schiesstatt Rindbach. Followed for about 4km the gravel road and then the forestpath up (signs to Gasselkogel).
Thomas (we have been to Japan to hike Mt. Fuji and other summits in JA) was joining me this time.

Total hiking time to summit was about 3 h 5 min for almost 1000m ascent on 9.1 km distance. One could hire the shuttle bus (now not possible because of COV-19 crisis) that goes to the Gasselhöhle cave or bring a mountainbike (or e-bike) along to safe yourself some time.
From there on follow the unmarked but well visible path. Following the GPS track that I uploaded to SOTAmaps is recommened.

APRS reception quite good. Mobile phone coverage at summit okay.

Weather was a bit changing between sun and clouds but that’s great for pictures. hi
Flowers everywere and a lots of water from the melting snow.

Video:

And here the video. Some scenes will also be featured in Ignacios @EA2BD video project.

QSO map:

73 Joe

7 Likes