VHF Fun Day

In reply to M1DTJ:

Hi Chris, you know your chances will be better on ISW or VHF Fun Day, when several DL summits are simultaneously on the air.

But if you like to make an attempt before it, with a FT-857D and a double quad element on a DL summit, please send an email to mail@ mycallsign .de

What about 07. February 2010, 1100 to 1300 UTC, during DARC VHF-Winter-Fieldday?

73 Joerg DL1DLF

In reply to DL1DLF:

Hi Joerg. I do have some activity lined up for 7th Feb and I may be in GM-land with work so will plan a suitable summit if this is the case. Hope to work you then if you will be QRV.

73, Chris M1DTJ

Hi all,

Couldn’t it be nice to announced such an event in our ham magazines etc. to get more “SOTA aliens” on the air? Making SOTA more popular would be the positive side effect.

May would be perfect; a good chance for nice weather nice tropo conDX.

Vy 73, Hardy, DF6PW

Thoroughly enjoyed the “fun day” again this year from Winter Hill G/SP-010. The extra snow made it that bit nicer than last year. 11 summit to summit albeit one doesn’t count :slight_smile:

Thanks to all QSOs and especially the S2S:

G6MZX/P Sharp Haw (G/NP-029)
G8HXE/P Winter Hill (G/SP-010) - doesn’t count unfortunately!
GW0PEB/P Elidir Fawr (GW/NW-005)
M0RCP/P Birks Fell (G/NP-031)
GM4GUF/P Tinto (GM/SS-064)
M1DTJ/P Billinge Hill (G/SP-017)
M3EYP/P Gun (G/SP-013)
M1EYP/P Gun (G/SP-013)
G4MD/P Cracoe Fell (G/NP-032)
G4RQJ/P Arnside Knott (G/LD-058)
G4OIG/P Cracoe Fell (G/NP-032)

73 and looking forwards to International SOTA weekend.
Dave, G7SKR.

More activation details: http://www.g7skr.com/sota.php

Hi all,

although it was very cold last year, I did not have enough of it. Will there be a VHF Fun Day to a similar date as 2010?

Greetings and 73
Joerg, DL1DLF

In reply to DL1DLF:
Hi Joerg.I have not heard anything yet as regards a VHF fun day.But I am up for giving it a go.So are there any takers out there.ATB Geoff G6MZX

In reply to G6MZX:

So are there any takers out there.

Rather unlikely this New Year Geoff. Paul and I will be out on 30th December and neither of us have sufficient Brownie points to run another activation so soon afterwards. Hoping to get out a little later in January.

73, Gerald G4OIG

In reply to G4OIG:
i would be willing to give it a go