VHF FM Long distance trial - 27 July 2019

I don’t know if everybody got their logs in yet, but Andy listed 2m-FM S2S QSOs for me from the day, so that I could do some pretty maps.

Let’s start with EA.

EA

Some pretty impressive DX, up to about 500km.

Many activators were out on the US west coast also, again with some good 2m-FM DX in evidence.

W6

W7

Acknowledgement for ESRI base maps —
Sources: National Geographic, Esri, DeLorme, HERE, UNEP-WCMC, USGS, NASA, ESA, METI, NRCAN, GEBCO, NOAA, iPC

3 Likes

Here you are the tropo map from 27th.

Hello,

after spending a lot of time to collect all activator logs, and gathering info and multimedia, I have uploaded a video with the experience of this test.

I still want to publish a proper article but let me share this video with images and movies recorded by many of the activators.

As a summary, here some numbers of this past simultaneous multiple SOTA activation:

• 17 SOTA summits activated
  • 32 operators on these summits
  • 232 qso logged (all VHF FM)
  • 16 S2S contacts achieved
  • 12 qso higher than 250 km
  • Best DX 516 km

Remember to activate the subtitles in english !

Thanks to all participants!
73 de Ignacio

4 Likes

Thanks for sharing and I enjoyed the video (the subtitles helped enormously).

It’s surprising (or not) how similar parts the Spanish and Californian terrain look.

I’ve been to Spain a few times and always enjoy my trips. If we are ever allowed to fly again, the Pyrenees and northern Spain are high on my list of EU destinations.

Paul
W6PNG/M0SNA

Thanks Paul,

I’m happy that you enjoyed the video and Spain.
One of my colleagues at work is from California, and he said the same about the similarity between us and your area.

We’ll be glad to join you if you visit our summits, once this extrange period of pandemic is over…

73 de Ignacio

2 Likes