Updates to SOTAWatch3

Thanks, I was pondering this earlier - is there any reason you cannot support the time format with the colon? Well there must be a good reason but I thought it interesting as the SOTA Database does support them for input of logs.

I might have missed this originally as I was trying to alert via a 3rd party app (SOTA Goat) - as of right now this actually shows “Unable to submit alert - Received an HTTP status code indicating failure.” (it fills in the time format automatically)

I’d just use a browser. Browser works FB and SW3 on a browser is nice and adaptive. No app needed. If you can’t do it through the browser then it’s not worth doing. :wink:

It doesn’t really matter to me, in that the API servers can handle the load for a few people forgetting to update it, and our bandwidth costs are cheap. It’s more for the users who may chew up their own bandwidth particularly if they are on, eg, mobile data. Maybe I can just set a timer that flips it back to 3 days after say 5 minutes.

Additional update today:

• Log Chaser QSOs from within SW3 using spot. There is now the capability for someone who is logged in to be able to log chases directly using the spot as reference. If you are logged in, there will be a “Log” link next to each Spot:

Clicking on that brings up a log entry window:

You can enter in comments and adjust the Callsign used (this is pulled from your SSO profile), the mode, band and time. The time is the current time, so may require some slight adjustment if you are live logging shortly after the event.

Click submit and you’ll either get an error message, or your log will be uploaded.

14 Likes

TNX Andrew, very good idea.

Great idea Andrew.
Thanks,
Charlie

Awesome update!! it is very usesful!!! Thanks a lot to bring Sotawatch to another level!!!

73’s de Rick EA4M

Hi Andrew @VK3ARR
very nice update :+1:
But I fing maybe a bug :
SW3 bug
Delete function no working anymore in my side !
73 Éric

OK, I’ll take a look some time. I’m knee deep in a major work thing that’s come up, so it’ll be on the weekend most likely.

1 Like

I haven’t seen very many comments about the new “Log” link on SotaWatch. In my limited experience, it appears to be the best thing that has been added to SotaWatch and the database in quite a while. It is now easy to log a chaser contact with just two mouse clicks (unless you need to change something). It is actually much faster and easier than waiting until the end of the day, creating an ADIF file from my logging program, then uploading it. With the new Log link, you click as you make the contact and you are done.

Good job, MT Team! :hiking_boot:

Ron, KI4TN

5 Likes

I agree, Ron. The direct log link is awesome!!!

Gary W5GDW

The conjunction between me reinstalling a chasing antenna at home for the first time in 3 years and the sudden appearance of the Log button on SOTAWatch is a complete coincidence… :wink:

8 Likes

Thanks for update.
Really easier to follow activator and send log on database.
I use it yesterday, all the day long and it works really nice.
I tried to delete two spot of my own and that’s ok I can do it too
73 Roger

hi Roger
what is your browser FF, Chrome ?
73 Éric

Hi Eric ==> CHROME

Ici sur FF et sur Safari pour Apple cela ne fonctionne pas (Delete)

Roger @F5LKW
je viens d’installer Chrome Version 85.0.4183.102 (Build officiel) (64 bits)
et cela ne fonctionne toujours pas (uniquement Delete) :weary:

OK, I think I know where the problem lies. Whether I can fix it…

It’s to do with the width of the underlying boxes that enclose the text - one for the time, one for the spot and details, and one for the frequency. In the Spot details, the “Log | … | Delete” bit is set to not wrap - so they always stay together - particularly for compact spot view, and the Delete is hanging over the edge of the spot box into the frequency box. The active part of the link is that section which is still in the spot box. There might be a sliver of the D which you can click on.

There’ll be some CSS magic that does something there; I’ll investigate.

1 Like

Thanks a lot for the new Features

73 Michael

OK, I think the easiest solution will be to change them to icons like a trashcan for delete, etc. I’ll play around with it.