Update CT7/G4OBK/P CT7/G4ONL/P

Thanks for the S2S yesterday while I was on Fountains Fell. When I look at who chased me I see EA/G4OBK/P as expected but also CT7/G4OBK/P.

1 Like

Fixed it now. TNX S2S with Spain only.

1 Like

3 in the log at 15:00zā€¦ listening to Paul Kossoff (a note for people of a certain age!) while awaiting activation number 4. Iā€™m amazed at the consistency of the signals from Phil on 20m CW. Unfortunately 30m has not been as good and Iā€™ve only worked Victor on one summit so far which may be down to my local noise level.

Edit: Well that put the mockers on it!.. Phil was 539, then sank into the noise. Oh well, you win some, you lose some! :frowning:

1 Like

Sorry Phil ! Nothing but problems today , paddle just would not work and that much QRN. still hopefully tomoz Stay safe mate and enjoy.
Best 73 -ps Ah working again thanks for contact. :smiley:

1 Like

OK Alan, maybe time to replace hihi. I recommend Bencher twin if your pockets are deep enough. I have two, had them for over 20 years, still in daily use, no parts ever replaced, tens of thousands of QSOs. Here is Victor on 17m on this summit CT/TM-017. He tells me he worked PYs and USA stns on 17m just now and is packing up. One hour back to the hotel.
73 Phil

PS We also worked CT2IQK/P Jorge on 2m. Half watt on handheld with rubber duck. Jorge was on CT/MN-023.

7 Likes

Thanks for the contacts Phil on 20m, conditions on 30m not so good here today.
73 Roger

Thanks Phil and Victor for the contacts today. Nice working you both on 30 and 20 meters.
Enjoy your SOTA trip!

Have a nice evening. 73 - PA9CW - Tonnie

2 Likes

A sunspot flared today and the resultant UV caused issues centering on the Indian Ocean but the blackout map in this link spreads over a wide area. The particles from the flare are expected to arrive 11 October.

https://www.spaceweather.com/

2 Likes

Thanks Victor for the contact on CW today Sorry I couldnā€™t remember your name.
Have a good holiday and Best 73 de 2E0AGB Allen

3 Likes

It was great to meet Paulo CT2IWW again today when we arrived at CT/DL-007. We all drove to a parking place from there to just below CT/DL-013 and enjoyed the walk and dialogue on our way and back from the summit. Hereā€™s Victor GI4ONL with Paulo CT2IWW back at the hire car as dusk came on, enjoying some fruit:

If the 24 chasers worked thought my 20m CW/SSB signals were down on CT/DL-007 and CT/DL-013 they were correct - I was running on one side of a dipole only. Whilst raising the antenna pole in strong winds on CT/DL-007 the wind caught it and brought it down hard breaking the 22 SWG silicon wire antenna inside the insulation about one inch from the centre feedpoint. The ATU in the KX3 was therefore used, which is against my religion, but needs must! After servicing the deserving on CT/DL-013 I have made a temporary repair and think tomorrow my signals will be back to their normal strength. When I return home I will use some 18 SWG at the centre of the dipole, the 22 SWG is perhaps a little fine.

Two and half days left on this tour. Tomorow we return the to Vila Real area to activate some more in the CT/TM area. More points available than today for all to gatherā€¦

73 Phil CT7/G4OBK

9 Likes

Thanks for the report about your antenna. And tnx for the contacts today. Good luck tomorrow. Enjoy!

1 Like

Finishing on CT/BA-016 Condx down on higher HF today 20 QSOs

Back into the CT/DL area in abt 2 hours time

73 Phil

5 Likes

Not hearing a thing here Phil both on CW and HF. :worried:

1 Like

Same here Allen. Also noise levels up on all bands. I blame the sunā€¦ and to cap it all it is hiding behind the clouds today! :frowning:

Havenā€™t known it this quiet before Gerald still we live in hope mate.
Best 73

2 Likes

It must be that CME which hit late earlier today.

1 Like

We made it back! Thanks for the 7 MHz CW QSO on our last summit CT/DL-005 Gerald. Now to dinner and settle our bills!

73 Phil

5 Likes

I looked for you on 20m, then Victor on 30mā€¦ heard nothing from either of you. Then I got a call for the evening meal, so the rigs were switched off, PSUs off and then I went downstairs. Sitting down for my meal I checked my android tablet was offā€¦ it wasnā€™t, it was showing the spots page and I immediately noted you were trying 40m. Food set aside, back upstairs, PSU on, HF rig on and one QSO in the log. Many thanks Phil, it made my day. Sorry about the brevity of the exchangeā€¦ I realised you still had to get to your hotel and me back to my meal. :grinning:

73, Gerald

2 Likes

Brevity is good Gerald! Weā€™ve enjoyed it immensley, but are now ready for home. No tourism for the whole stay, apart from the views driving and walking - just 9 days solid SOTA and we both feel weā€™ve had enough! 38 activations (36 completes for me) and two easy ones tomorrow. One drive in and one with about 600m walk each way and then the airport for the plane. Due to limited time we are sticking with one band per statio tomorrow. Due to the poor conditions on 20m today I will be on 40m and Victor will be as usual, on 30m. I hope we can work again if you are in the shack. 40m should be better on the first one - CT/DL-002 as we will be earlier than usual.

73 Phil

5 Likes

Congratulations on the successful Sota expedition. I wish you both a pleasant return flight.
Thank you Phil for picking up the key again on our S2S in ssb. :+1:

73 Chris

1 Like