tSotaLog: Fork of general purpose FOSS logging app TOTALOG

Hope to catch you on the bands some day :smiley:

1 Like

Hi Beni,

Thank you for your answer, fully agree with your approach.
issues/26 I would qualify it as an enhancement rather than a bug, but it is up to you xD

I put some thought into this issue and realized that Iā€™m not sure how to implement this. Two questions arose:

• If I pre populate the field with the date, the pre populated export file name doesnā€™t make much sens anymore as it it <date>_<name-of-archive>.[adif|csv]. So how would implement this? Prepopulate the archive field with <date>_<summit> and then export to <name-of-archive>.[adif|csv]?

• How do you define the most relevant summit reference? Say I activated two summits that day, XX/XX-001, a 8P summit, with 31 QSOs and XX/XX-002, a 10P summit, with 30 QSOs. Which of the two is now the ā€œmost relevant summitā€? Does the amount of QSOs precede the amount of points or vice versa?

Beni

I tend to consider annoying usability issues bugs rather than enhancements. IMHO only a annoyance free app (as far as feasible) should be considered bug freeā€¦ :wink:

Hi Beni,

Thank hou for your message.

In my mind, I would always do: 1 summit 1 archive, because it is how I think it will be good to keep stuff organise and sorted. Butā€¦ others my organize things around their journey.

Export it has what is inside the archive field, with a bit of trimming (space and / in case there are any).

Again, I will do two archives, one for each summit, because I think it is how I would like it to be archived, but it is only me. Regarding your point, if there is one summit, easy, you keep itā€™s label, if there are several summits, in first intention, I was proposing you to take the one which have the most number of QSO (not points, for me points are not so important, it is how I enjoy in my day that is!), but it will hide from here that there is another summit behind. Finally with a better analysis in case of multiple summit, why not using tag ā€œMUTLI_SUMMITā€ instead of any summit ref, what do you think ?

Thank you Beni

LĆ©opold

1 Like

IMHO the app should be designed to accomodate either way of managing logs, yours - i.e. archiving per summit - and mine - archiving per activation and sometimes even per multi-day activation. So Iā€™d suggest we check whether there is a unique summit in all entries and if there is we pre-fill the summit. It itā€™s not unique, we stick with the date of the latest log. What do you think? That way we donā€™t have the problem that one summit might be hidden from the archive name. After all itā€™s just a preset and can be changed before archivingā€¦ Iā€™m not very fond ot hard coded general names like MULTI_SUMMIT. Iā€™d prefer to leave it up to the user to enter anything but the date.

1 Like

Hi Beni,

Looks like very good!

Thank you for being so open!

LĆ©o

Itā€™s only an issue up to now, now code has been writtenā€¦ :wink: I donā€™t have a huge amount of time to spend on the project, so expect it to move slowly but steadilyā€¦

Now that summer is definitely over I found some time to tackle some of the open issues and published a new release candidate

@F4IYY If you save a log to history, the name now defaults to YYYY-MM-DD XX/XX-000 if the summit of the activator is unique or empty for every log entry and to YYYY-MM-DD otherwise.

Let me know if you discover any issues - either here or on codeberg.

3 Likes

Are you planning to distribute this via F-Droid?

Try https://ea7gv.ure.es/LogEA7GV31.zip
I developed it for my activities, now it has an interface in German, English and Spanish, the manual is also translated. Read it to know all its features.
73 JosƩ

I tried to submit it to F-Droid but failed to get all the npm dependencies to build from source on their build server. Eventually I decided it was too much effort for something with such a small user base. Details on the merge request: ch.hb9hnt.tsotalog (!10726) Ā· Merge requests Ā· F-Droid / Data Ā· GitLab

You can install if in F-Droid from the IzzyDroid repos. They just pull in the apk from my release page: tSotaLog - IzzyOnDroid F-Droid Repository

May I suggest that you start a fresh thread for your app since it has nothing to do with tSotaLog - as fas as I can tell, at least.

1 Like

I thought you were looking for an app for activities and I didnā€™t read the rest. Excuse me.
73 JosƩ

Used it today Beni, works FB :+1:

Lost all my names when I switched phones the other month so Iā€™ll add them some time. Otherwise nice work.

1 Like

Hi Alex

You may add names and callsign with the names.csv from here

https://hb9sota.ch/wp-content/uploads/2023/09/names.csv.

Download and import into tsotalog.

Enjoy

73 de hb9fvk

2 Likes

@hb9fvk Did you successfully load this file? There are still some open issues around loading large CSV files

I havenā€™t worked on these because I only use my own CSVs containing people who actually told me their name on air at some point. Of course I wouldnā€™t mind if this magically fixed itself in the meantimeā€¦

1 Like

Hi Beni, no Problem loading the File just downloaded from Stephans siite.

73 de hb9fvk

2 Likes

Iā€™d avoided uploading the big list for that reason, just the usual chasers but thanks, Iā€™ll upload them now.

Tnx

Let me know if any issues come up. Itā€™s about time that I improved that names interface, anywayā€¦

1 Like

It all works Beni, if you look in the callsign view on my phone then it doesnā€™t quite want to load but on the Log tab names all get pulled in ok, so not really a problem

3 Likes