The Volcano Eruption.....

The Volcanic Eruption beside SOTA Summit TF/SV-36 rumbles on. The lava flow comes from deep within Earth, or 20 Km (over 65000 feet). No words can describe the feeling as you sit there “listening to a volcano”…The eruption could last for weeks/months even years or decades…

12 Likes

If it last long enough you might in time get a new SOTA summit to activate.

73 de Marek

4 Likes

When we visited Iceland many years ago (before I discovered SOTA), there were no active eruptions in progress. I’m not certain whether to be disappointed or grateful.

Fortunately a business trip to Hawai’i gave me the opportunity to visit Hawai’i Volcanoes National Park during a period of activity at Kīlauea volcano. It’s still active, see webcams. IMHO, the park is an essential part of a trip to Hawai’i, highly recommended.

The volcano also is a sacred site to native Hawai’ians, so best be respectful during your visit.

3 Likes

Should be nice and warm activating in winter and you get your bonus points too!!
:crazy_face:

2 Likes

It is planned…stay tuned… :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

If you are referring to my post, alas, the Kīlauea volcano is not a SOTA summit. But don’t cancel your trip, there are others on the island!

2 Likes