The GW SOTA S2S and hog roast day June 2024 - PLEASE READ

🥁 ATTENTION - SAVE THE DATE 🥁

The 2024 GW SOTA S2S and Hog Roast date follows:

Saturday 8th June 2024

The same agenda will take place on this day as it did at last years event - we will aim to be out on the hills for 09:30 BST to start the S2S action between 10:00 BST and 13:00 BST.

We will then all head for a location in Mid-Wales, near Welshpool, I will put up nearer the time (same place as last year) for 15:00 BST for a get together and hog roast with pudding.

Please save this date in your diaries and hope for good weather 😀 I’m already looking forward to meeting everyone and hopefully some new faces at this event 👌 EVERYONE IS WELCOME!!

If anyone has any questions, please feel free to PM me, or email is better gw4bml@gmail.com

CAN EVERYONE WHO WILL BE ATTENDING, PLEASE PUT YOUR NAME AND CALL-SIGN IN THE COMMENTS BELOW (including your partner if they are coming) - thank you in advance 👍 I will be paying for the hog roast the end of February, so I will need all definite’s by then please. There will be a toilet on site!

Again, it will cost £10 a head, this will include your food on arrival, and we will hold a raffle at the event to raise money for the running costs of SOTA e.g. website servers etc etc.

PLEASE SEND YOUR £10’s TO THE FOLLOWING PAYPAL ADDRESS WITH YOUR CALLSIGN AS THE REFERENCE:

lloyd_1109@outlook.com

If anyone wants to camp in a tent, or park your campervan up, there is a small site literally 200 yards from the venue - a 5 minute walk. Please find link to site below:

BOOK SOONER RATHER THAN LATER :grinning:

Thanks again all 👍 73, Ben GW4BML

17 Likes

I’m in!

Great work Ben - looking forward to it.

Mike G7HEM

2 Likes

Looking forward to meeting you Mike - and making a qso on the day :grinning:

73, Ben
GW4BML

1 Like

Pencilled in - but depends a bit on family commitments

2 Likes

Sounds amazing Ben, thanks for organising. I’m in, something great to look forward to in this dark winter evenings.

2 Likes

I’m in!

Tony
M5OTA

2 Likes

Im interested. It is 4 days after my last 2 assignments of the year are due in so would be a nice reward to look forward to.

I joined in on the air last year so would be good to joim im in person too.

Ill confirm properly once i know if there will be one or two of us attending.

Ian

3 Likes

Funds received - thank you :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi Ian,

That sounds great news - good luck with the assignments, and we look forward to meeting you on the day, all being well!

73, Ben
GW4BML

2 Likes

Thanks James - look forward to making the QSO and maybe meeting up, would be great if you could come.

73, Ben
GW4BML

1 Like

Sounds great to me Ben. Unless something important comes up I’m considering coming down to Wales and staying overnight in a B&B. Will probably activate in GW/NW on the Saturday and Sunday, on the way home as I’ve completed the GW/MW area. The sporadic e on 10m could be really good around that time, so I will for sure be operating on 10m.

73 Phil G4OBK

3 Likes

Kevin, MW0KXN and Liz.

2 Likes

Money in your account :grinning: Trying to get Val to join me.

73 Allan

4 Likes

Andy G6PJZ. Paid

2 Likes

Yes please! M7TSU. Much appreciated organising, I’ve paid

2 Likes

Count me in.

Dave

3 Likes

Funds received - thank you :grinning:

73, Ben
GW4BML

2 Likes

Hi Phil @G4OBK, that sounds great - it would be really nice if you could make it. If you need any info on B&B near by, let me know.

73, Ben
GW4BML

1 Like

I’m in :sunglasses:

Payment sent…

Summit Alert Posted…

Looking forward to meeting you all…

73 Neil
M6NSV

2 Likes

Hi @GW4BML I’ve just transferred funds!

2 Likes