Thanks to all the chasers!!!

Hi there,

my name is Joan - EA3IKB, and I have been Sotaing for a bit more than one year. I enjoy a lot the combination of Amateur Radio and Hiking, and SOTA is just the right combination!

I do not have a base station and I mainly operate in SOTAs activities. You can check my profile in QRZ.com

The purpose of this post is to say Big Thanks to all the activators. Without them there would be little purpose in this magic combination of radio and mountains.

I started CW recently and I would like to give even Bigger Thanks to all those activators showing patience to my still incipient code! I would like to thank them on the fly by their name, but I am so nervous that I forget who is who and I only send 5NN! hihi

In my case OK2PDT, SM5LNE, SV3IEG, EA7GV, DL2DXA, SP6KEP and many others are my top chasers. Many thanks to all of you, we reconvene soon on the air!

Joan

15 Likes

Keep at the CW it gets easier after every activation! And you will never regret learning it. I hope to get a s2s with you or a contact one day from here In VE6/ Alberta Canada someday.

73 de VE6JTW, Jesse

2 Likes

That would be great, Jesse! Nice site in QRZ. Thanks for your kind reply!

Sure thing! I keep my daily practice although sometimes progress is evasive!

73 de EA3IKB, Joan

2 Likes

I used this program from CW ops Academy it helps immensely and I still use it when I get the time.

1 Like

Hola Joan, transmite en CW, no lo dejes y en poco tiempo alcanzarás un buen nivel. No te preocupes si vas despacio o tienes errores, los radioaficionados tenemos paciencia. Nadie nació sabiendo telegrafía.
Buena suerte y nos escuchamos.
73 José

Hello Joan, work at CW, don’t leave it and in a short time you will reach a good level. Don’t worry if you’re slow or have errors, radio amateurs are patient. Nobody was born knowing telegraphy.
Good luck HPE CUAGN

3 Likes

Thanks Jesse. Yes, I used for a while but to be honest, I had forgotten about it. I will give it a try again, as changing exercises and activities it will help.

Joan

1 Like

Hola Jose,

no, I am quite stubborn and I stick to it, daily practice. CW community is great that is why it deserves those big thanks!

Joan

1 Like

Work is still to busy for me to actually sit down and start practicing religiously again. Another 2 months and work should slow enough for me to start sitting down for an hour a day.