Swargrohini Mountain Ranges in Garhwal Region Himalayas

Wishing VU3ZNG and team a safe a successful expedition to -Swaragarohini aslo known as ,"Stair way to heaven "in Hindu mythology.
VU3zng -Nyjil George & Vu3ufg- ullas
will the activating two peaks .in this mountain range .
Fabulous… Swargrohini is in Garhwal Himalayas One of the many 20k ft plus peaks there.coordinates are
31.1000000, 78.5158333 .

Station will be active from 15th may 2022 of this month till 25th May 2022.

They will be qrv mostly in the after noon bet ween 15.00 hrs to 18.00 hrs IST .
(Pls convert to UTC ).

This is a Frist time activation of these peaks ever.

They will be using the following

Setup :- Modified MCHF , EFHW, and Lithium batteries . And a microsoft surface. 7-10w
Expected temperature upto -15deg.
More details soon.

7 Likes

IST is 5.5 hours ahead of UTC so the expected activation times are 0930 to 1230 UTC.

Sadly, these are not SOTA summits so no points for anyone but a report and some photographs would be very much appreciated here I think.

2 Likes

Will submit the report and photos on return.
Do let me know how to enlist the peaks for sota summit.
Her in india we are not registered with sota . We would like to iniciate this process and list many peaks with sota .
Thank you in advance
Vu2yuu

4 Likes

All of India in one Association would be a mammoth task, I think it would be better to have an Association for each state, like the USA. You should form a team and work with the SOTA summit team, the biggest problem is likely to be availability of good mapping, since we will need summit and col data to define the valid SOTA summits. Read the “Finding More Summits” items in the Blog on the SOTA website.

2 Likes