Stephan HB9EAJ is Mountain Goat now

Dear all

«+1» for the HB9 goat herd: Stephan, HB9EAJ, is our happy fellow today. A short day trip across the Swiss–French border to the southern Vosges brought him the necessary credits. Welcome to the Goat Club!

Stephan enjoys antenna experiments and sharing his thoughts on the various topics with the community. Check out and discuss with him his paper on a 7 band EFHW antenna on his personal HB9SOTA website or here on the reflector. The antenna must be good since he is a reliable S2S partner in the SSB segment.

So congrats on achieving your first SOTA Mountain Goat. Enjoy the variety of your summits and the variations of your antenna – both will provide further happy moments with a great hobby within amateur radio!

Vy 73 de Markus, HB9DIZ

28 Likes

Good evening Stephan @HB9EAJ

Congratulations on reaching the mountain goat :+1: :slight_smile: :goat: :beers:

Further much fun with the hobby and until soon again in a QSO.

73 Marcel DM3FAM

2 Likes

Herzliche Gratulation zur ersten Berggeiss, Stephan! 7 Assoziationen in kurzer Zeit und bei widrigen Umständen für’s Reisen – da hat dich das SOTA-Virus aber voll erwischt :joy:
vy 73, Manuel HB9DQM

3 Likes

Congratulations Stephen on achieving Mountain Goat.

Jimmy M0HGY

2 Likes

CONGRATS STEPHAN!
All Best, Ken, K6HPX

2 Likes

Well done Stephan! welcome to the herd!
73 Fabio

2 Likes

Congratulation Stephan!

All the best and take care

Michael DC8YZ

2 Likes

Hoi Stephan
Herzliche Gratulation; willkommen im Club. Und danke für die zahlreichen und interessanten (S2S-) QSOs.
73, Fritz HB9CYX

1 Like

Salüe Stefan, gratuliere zur ersten Geiss und die vielen 60m SSB QSO. Jetzt noch ein CW update hi. 73 Nick, HB9DDZ

2 Likes

Congrats, Stephan, on achieving MG and thanks for the many activations and QSOs on the way.
I’ll be looking forward to many more to come on your way to the 2nd MG.

Guru

2 Likes

Hallo Stephan,

congrats on reaching Mountain Goat :goat: :tada: :partying_face: :champagne:
Thanks for the many S2S and the interesting technical discussions!
Looking forward to our next QSO!
73, Roman

2 Likes

Dear Markus, dear fellow hams,

Thank you very much for your wishes!

Last Sunday, first I activated L’Altenberg, since just two days ago I activated a summit with a similar name called Altberg, which is the most activated summit in Switzerland. Juerg @HB9BAB, which is the main activator of this summit visited me spontaneously and gave me a bunch of interesting insights.
The second summit I activated on Sunday was Le Schlossberg where chaser #4 was @EA2DT, who enabled my 1k activator points, thank you Manuel! Later I investigated and surrounded this castle that is built on a moraine of the last ice age and is accessible by a digged tunnel, which is something that was not common about 400 years ago.

Doing SOTA means so much fun to me and sparked previously unknown interests.
A bit more than two years ago, I could not imagine how addictive SOTA can be.

After I got some experience, I learned how to optimally use tools for all parts of an activation, from the preparation, over the execution, until submitting the log.

Once again, I want to thank all the contributors that help to make SOTA a success, such as the provided infrastructure, the chasers, and last but not least the activators.

Since the Voges that I like very much are close to my QTH, tomorrow I will take a day off and try to make a triple activation to summits that are new to me. Yes, there are still some left in the Vosges :grin:. But this time, I will probably not spend so much time on each summit :wink:.

73 Stephan

9 Likes

Well done Stephan and thanks for the many contacts.
Best 73

1 Like

Hi Stephan,
Herztlischer Glückwunsch !! Du kennst die Vosgesen ebenso gut wie Ich selbst ! Das freut mich sehr, besonders als Basler Einwohner… Wir hatten noch nie die Gelengheit uns zubegegnen, aber das wird sich schon tun. Zur Ruckfahrt von einer FL/VO Aktivation, ist mein QTH immer offen, nämlich ist Saint Louis nicht so weit von deiner Heimat. entfernt ! Du bist willkommen !
Noch alles Gute und 73’s Jean F6GLZ.

3 Likes

Congratulations Stephan. Thanks for the activations.
73 José

1 Like

Hallo Stephan,
Gratuliere zur Berg Geis und Danke für die Qso und S2S.
73 Heinrich IW3AGO

1 Like

Hallo Jean-Claude,
Ja wäre toll, wenn wir uns einmal treffen könnten, am besten auf einem Berg, wo man die Ausrüstung des anderen gleich in der richtigen Umgebung begutachten kann. Für morgen habe ich drei Alerts erstellt :sweat:.

73 Stephan

1 Like

Ok Stefan, Morgen geht’s auf dem Rocher du Coucou FL/VO-035. Beim FL/VO-084 Ronde Tête, pass auf, es gibt kein richtigen Pfad bis zum Gipfel, der Zugang ist sehr steinig ! Vieleicht bis morgen !
Jean

2 Likes

Hallo Jean,

Danke für den Tipp und dir viel Spass auf dem Rocher du Coucou. Dort scheint es interessante Felsformationen zu geben!

Vielleicht klappt ein S2S auf 2m FM oder 60m SSB, es liegen etwa 100km zwischen unseren Hügeln.

Viel Spass!

73 Stephan

Hallo Stephan,
Herzlichen Glückwunsch zu deiner Berggeiss und danke für die vielen S2S die wir schon zusammen hatten. Immer wieder eine Freude, dich zu hören.
73, Stefan HB9HCS

1 Like