SOTAwatch3 issue?

Is it just me or is there a problem with SOTAwatch3? It works fine for a while, I get the spots but after a while the spots stop and I have to go to the spots mapping page to get the latest spots. The spots mapping page will continue to give the new spots but they don’t show up on SOTAwatch3. Anybody else have this problem?

Jeff K6QCB

1 Like

It’s working fine with me Jeff.
Try setting a lower number to be displayed under settings (20 or 50 should normally be enough) and see if that works any better.

73 Ed.

It’s working fine but with a bit of latency. That may be worse for user in the US at present. If you login and leave it then it should work, with the odd time when it’s a little slow to update.

20 minutes and still waiting - a bit excessive for latency methinks :frowning:

1 Like

Hit refresh… took about a second to refresh all the panels.

As of 2116z the last spot showing on SOTAwatch3 is at 1920z the last spot on the mapping page is 2109. It was set at 50 spots and when I refresh I get no spots (blank), however the alerts show up. Eventually I will get new spots and the page will repopulate, but it cam be hours.

Jeff K6QCB

I’ve been having the same issue Jeff. As I type this the UTC clock at the top shows correctly as 21:55 but the last spot shown is from 21:09, and I know there have been at least 6 spots since then (they show in my hamalert app).

Also occasionally the Reflector Latest list on the right side will duplicate every topic, i.e. each one shows twice. This lasts a bit then refreshes back to normal, but the spots don’t update.

Keith KR7RK

Both issues mentioned observed here too.
Luckily SOTAwatch2 is still working.

Thanks to the team for keeping the wheels on.
73, Gerard - VK2IO

I’m still fine with refreshes of SW3, I haven’t had any issues however the SOTAWatch Filter page from ON6ZQ (Christophe) doesn’t appear to be showing any data, so I guess there is a bigger problem somewhere. The Android SOTA spotter app is working fine (at least for me).

73 Ed.

Hi Keith. I don’t get that but I think I remember it from a long, long time ago - try logging out and then back in and see if that clears it.

73 Ed.

There is something sub-optimal about performance right now. We’re looking into what is happening and why.

I have also noticed over the last few days that sometimes when the spotting screen updates the “Reflector Latest” column is blank.

It appears that HB9GUX is poosting spots repeatedly, perhaps being unaware that they are getting through. At this time the old SW2 is handling this better than SW3 as SW2 compacts multiple spots into one. This facility has not as yet been added to SW3.

You’re sure of that?

This is what the time sequence suggests to me, but I suppose there are other possibilities.

As you have no evidence for what you claim then it is highly unwise for a moderator to cast aspersions in public especially you’re neither a programmer or network engineer.

You should delete and apologise.

1 Like

WELL DONE PEEPS

working again :slight_smile:
2E0FEH

Andy -

Some behavior I see here in Texas may be of use. My problem 64-bit computer is Windows 10, Version 1909 with all current updates using Google Chrome. There has been a lot of negative news regarding update KB4524244 and Microsoft appears to have removed it from their automated update system. I have uninstalled that one and still have the same issue with time approaching infinity to pull up the spots.

However, I have another 64-bit computer running Windows 10, Version 1809 which has some but not all of the current security updates, also using Google Chrome. This computer pulls up the spots with only a small delay (3-5 seconds). There is insufficient available space for me to update the Windows 10 version on this computer. I’m using same wi-fi connection for both computers.

I tried using Microsoft Edge on the problem computer (Version 1909) and the spots pull up fine (3-5 second delay) using that browser.

The behavior suggests that another recent Windows 10 update has produced an incompatibility with Google Chrome. There has been some negative preliminary news about update KB4532693 but I have not had a chance to see if uninstalling that one is of any benefit.

• Don AC7P

Getting spots via the API delivers the 3 very first spots with ID 1 to 3
Very strange…

[
  {
    "id": 1,
    "timeStamp": "2016-02-08T18:11:19.547",
    "comments": "cq",
    "callsign": "K4MF",
    "associationCode": "W7W",
    "summitCode": "SN-177",
    "activatorCallsign": "WA7NCL",
    "activatorName": "FREMONT",
    "frequency": "14.061",
    "mode": "cw",
    "summitDetails": "Highwire, 393m, 1 Point(s)",
    "highlightColor": "default"
  },
  {
    "id": 2,
    "timeStamp": "2016-02-08T18:27:54.9",
    "comments": "Here Now",
    "callsign": "NE4TN",
    "associationCode": "W7W",
    "summitCode": "SN-177",
    "activatorCallsign": "AC7MA",
    "activatorName": "Rich",
    "frequency": "14.0615",
    "summitDetails": "Highwire, 393m, 1 Point(s)",
  },
  {
    "id": 3,
    "timeStamp": "2016-02-08T18:37:48.88",
    "comments": "Test Comment",
    "callsign": "gm4zfz",
    "associationCode": "GM",
    "summitCode": "WS-001",
    "activatorCallsign": "GW/DH8DX/P",
    "activatorName": "Daniel  (pse no qsl)",
    "frequency": "7",
    "summitDetails": "Ben Nevis, 1344m, 10 Point(s)",
  }
]

I am sure this is not helping in any way. But all the best to everyone working on a fix.
73 Joe

Right now SOTA WATCH 3 appears like this on my PC…